Forensic science personal statement help

Watch
katie012
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I have a few question regarding my personal statement
1. Should I make it science based or can it be balanced cause I want to talk more about my other subjects which includes psychology
2. Is forensic science similar to forensic psychology? My personal statement is aimed at forensic science but I am also interested in forensic psychology. I also take a level psychology.
3. How can I tailor my personal statement if forensic science and forensic psychology are completely different.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
1. You should make it focused on your course choice - you don't need to talk about your A Levels

2. No, they are very different subjects. You can't train to be a forensic psychologist just from undergrad, and for the degree to be accredited you will need to do other aspects of psychology

3. You can't write a decent PS for such different courses I'm afraid
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by katie012)
Hi, I have a few question regarding my personal statement
1. Should I make it science based or can it be balanced cause I want to talk more about my other subjects which includes psychology
2. Is forensic science similar to forensic psychology? My personal statement is aimed at forensic science but I am also interested in forensic psychology. I also take a level psychology.
3. How can I tailor my personal statement if forensic science and forensic psychology are completely different.
As the previous poster said, these are completely different subjects. The first thing you need to do is research them both and decide which of them you actually want a career in and then choose between forensic science and psychology courses.
katie012
Rep:
(Original post by Interrobang)
1. You should make it focused on your course choice - you don't need to talk about your A Levels

2. No, they are very different subjects. You can't train to be a forensic psychologist just from undergrad, and for the degree to be accredited you will need to do other aspects of psychology

3. You can't write a decent PS for such different courses I'm afraid
Thank you so much
katie012
Rep:
(Original post by L-K)
As the previous poster said, these are completely different subjects. The first thing you need to do is research them both and decide which of them you actually want a career in and then choose between forensic science and psychology courses.
Thanks for your advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads