de chalain
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m really struggling with Maths. After failing my level 2 Functional maths exam. I also didn’t pass maths in school at A levels (I was educated in South Africa so a bit different there) really stressed as I’m applying to uni this week for Occupational Therapy and I have no idea what to do.

Any advice would be appreciated
Funtimes01_
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
Do not worry my friend, it took me 6 years to pass my mathematics GCSE in England (2015-2020). It is my ultimate weakness. My only advice is that you, if you're taking maths in the UK now, is to get the low hanging fruit being the first 10-15 maths questions on a paper. They are the so called 'easiest' and therefore if you get these you've pretty much got 35-40% of your grade sorted and can pick up another 20-30% of the marks you need to by answering some of the harder questions on the paper (depending on which exam board you do). Best chance would be that they might accept you without maths, but if they do, then there is not much you can do to remedy the situation. Best of luck to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (3)
12%
Okay (7)
28%
A bit lacking (7)
28%
Not good at all (8)
32%

Watched Threads