1Angel
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What is periodic table?
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Um you don't know?

Elements are arranged on the Periodic Table in order of increasing atomic number, where each element has one proton more than the element preceding it
The table is arranged in vertical columns called Groups numbered 1 – 8 and in rows called Periods
Period: these are the horizontal rows that show the number of shells of electrons an atom has
Group: these are the vertical columns that show how many outer electrons each atom has.....
Smallix
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Um you don't know?

Elements are arranged on the Periodic Table in order of increasing atomic number, where each element has one proton more than the element preceding it
The table is arranged in vertical columns called Groups numbered 1 – 8 and in rows called Periods
Period: these are the horizontal rows that show the number of shells of electrons an atom has
Group: these are the vertical columns that show how many outer electrons each atom has.....
You could also go to websites like BBC Bitesize and it would give you a detailed description, even better than us...
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Smallix)
You could also go to websites like BBC Bitesize and it would give you a detailed description, even better than us...
Freesciencelessons, mygcsescience, cognito are also good.
Smallix
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Freesciencelessons, mygcsescience, cognito are also good.
YUP!
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I like how you went through the effort to post on tsr instead of googling it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periodic_table
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 1 week ago
Smallix
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
hh
Last edited by Smallix; 1 week ago
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
I like how you went through the effort to post on tsr instead of googling it
I like how they didn't know what periodic table is.... especially at gcse
ROTL94
Rep:
Report 1 week ago

There's more that have been discovered since this song was written but it's most of the elements.
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Smallix)
XD
That was an accident delet pls
Smallix
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
YUP
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
yh that is slightly concerning
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
yh that is slightly concerning
Well, it must be tiktok corrupting the kids....it really is concerning, I mean periodic table is basic science for ****'s sake, how could OP possibly not know that is beyond me....
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Well, it must be tiktok corrupting the kids....it really is concerning, I mean periodic table is basic science for ****'s sake, how could OP possibly not know that is beyond me....
I think I knew about the periodic table in year 6. The OP is either trolling or never pays attention in school.
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I think I knew about the periodic table in year 6. The OP is either trolling or never pays attention in school.
Yeah, I knew it around then as well but that is not surprising. I hope it's the former but something tells me it's the latter.
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ROTL94)

There's more that have been discovered since this song was written but it's most of the elements.
Whatever that man got paid, it wasn't enough :cry:
therealtara
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
it's a table where girls figure out when they start their periods.
janefitzjane
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
It's a list of all the elements and they are organised in rows and columns (and sometimes even with colours) which show different properties of each element. It is useful because it means that at a glance you can find things out about an element if you know what it all means.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.15%
Okay (42)
29.58%
A bit lacking (50)
35.21%
Not good at all (37)
26.06%

Watched Threads