ella1507
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I would like to study law at university; I am definitely going to choose English literature and history A-levels, and I am leaning towards biology as my third option. I am a year 11 student and currently take triple science, which I enjoy and do well in. However, I am naturally better at essay-based subjects and I have an equal interest in the topics that are included within the psychology A-level as I am with the topics that are included within the biology A-level; so I am unsure if I would get a higher grade in psychology.
1) Is biology A-level very maths orientated and is the maths involved difficult? (For context, I average at a grade 7/8 in GCSE higher maths- however I don't enjoy it and am not particularly good at it)
2) Do you regret choosing psychology/was the course what you expected? (Several people that I know regretted choosing psychology because it wasn't what they thought it would be)
3) Would you say that biology appears to be more prestigious/challenging to a university than psychology does?
4) Is psychology extremely helpful for law?
Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
For Law you do not need any specific subjects. You just need high grades.

So please forget all ideas of what 'looks good', 'works for Law', 'will impress Unis' or other nonsense.
Choose 3 subjects you will enjoy studtying for 2 years and where you feel confident of getting A grades.
looooll
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
psychology is not easier than biology.
aint no maths in bio which u cant do with level 4 gcse knowledge
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (3)
12%
Okay (7)
28%
A bit lacking (7)
28%
Not good at all (8)
32%

Watched Threads