Smallix
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone! Some people with 7, 8, or 9 grade GCSE's!!! Please answer.
What are some FUN GCSE's IN YOUR OPINION (please don't just say its different for everyone... i know that! i just want your opinions) and also what specification they were and what content they had really briefly! Its just that i have all academic subjects so yup... PLease reply if you read my message! Thanks!
kcsjeo
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
i personally did gcses that weren't very creative, so not sure if you'll find these fun, but i did get all 8s and 9s in them.

geography and languages (french and spanish) were my fave, got 9s in all. all were AQA, which was nice because i love how AQA papers look.
my physics textbook was really pretty, it was edexcel.

i also did bio, chem, maths and eng lang and lit
Aamy303
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Smallix)
What are some FUN GCSE's IN YOUR OPINION (please don't just say its different for everyone... i know that! i just want your opinions) and also what specification they were and what content they had really briefly! Its just that i have all academic subjects so yup... PLease reply if you read my message! Thanks!
History edexcel - crime and Punishment, germany (hitler) and Anglo Saxon. Loved it cos it was all new and so old like for example Anglo Saxon was way back in time.
Further maths aqa. Makes a level maths yr 1 a lot easier so a nice easy start into ur a level.
RS aqa ( we did islam and christianity) an easy grade 9 tbh.
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
My fun GCSEs were history, bio, chem and maths.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I didn't do Classical Civilisation for a GCSE, but I do have an A Level in it and I'm studying it for a degree.

I helped my daughter to study it last academic year (just from a textbook and my guidance) and she got a 9 in her GCSE.

I wish I'd had the opportunity to take it for GCSE because it's by far the most interesting subject.

The GCSE is OCR and covers topics such as the ancient Greek and Roman gods, life in ancient Greece and Rome, battles, myths inc. Heracles / Hercules, temples and sacrifices, and so on.
flamingolover
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Drama and geography for me.
Smallix
Rep:
WOW! Thanks so much guys! Just 2 questions from the people i gained most interest from...

(Original post by flamingolover)
Drama and geography for me.
how was drama? what things did you have to do? what specification was yours? Thanks

(Original post by kcsjeo)
i personally did gcses that weren't very creative, so not sure if you'll find these fun, but i did get all 8s and 9s in them.

geography and languages (french and spanish) were my fave, got 9s in all. all were AQA, which was nice because i love how AQA papers look.
my physics textbook was really pretty, it was edexcel.

i also did bio, chem, maths and eng lang and lit
Both languages?? COOL! How was learning both of them? i learn them in year 9 and A LOT of stuff is so similar! What things did you find hard? What were your revision techniques? Thanks so much!
0ptics
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Not sure why you’re only asking those with high GCSE’s? Guess I’ll answer anyways, if that’s ok with you.

The STEM subjects.
Last edited by 0ptics; 1 week ago
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
tbh it just matters about what u like as you'll enjoy that subject, put more effort in as it interests you, and then hopefully do well.

that probably didn't help but oh wellz
looooll
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
further Mafs is fun
Grofu
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I loved history and ancient history!! They were both different from each other and so engaging and the courses were pretty good content wise!!
Smallix
Rep:
(Original post by 0ptics)
Not sure why you’re only asking those with high GCSE’s? Guess I’ll answer anyways, if that’s ok with you.

The STEM subjects.
NO!! ITS TOTALLY FINE! Thanks for that! I don't know why i am put the "high gcse".. Sorry!
kcsjeo
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
WOW! Thanks so much guys! Just 2 questions from the people i gained most interest from...

how was drama? what things did you have to do? what specification was yours? Thanks

Both languages?? COOL! How was learning both of them? i learn them in year 9 and A LOT of stuff is so similar! What things did you find hard? What were your revision techniques? Thanks so much!
Honestly, i didn't do much revision for languages! I paid attention in class (fine, because the work was easy) and did a couple of past papers so i could say i did something. The worst things were knowing which preposition goes after which particular verb, which I still don't really know hehe. but verbs were fun, and you get most marks for differentiating tenses, which i was fine at.
It was basically two very similar gcses to prepare for, so I didn't have the burden of a creative subject to manage.
Smallix
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by kcsjeo)
Honestly, i didn't do much revision for languages! I paid attention in class (fine, because the work was easy) and did a couple of past papers so i could say i did something. The worst things were knowing which preposition goes after which particular verb, which I still don't really know hehe. but verbs were fun, and you get most marks for differentiating tenses, which i was fine at.
It was basically two very similar gcses to prepare for, so I didn't have the burden of a creative subject to manage.
haha i totally agree! for french, why in the world are there irregular verbs and regular verbs, probably more "verbs" are going to come as i move on! But i like Spanish and its easy and i am fairly decent at it so i don't think i would choose any other language except Spanish LOL! Thanks btw!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.15%
Okay (42)
29.58%
A bit lacking (50)
35.21%
Not good at all (37)
26.06%

Watched Threads