haven't been on period in 4 months

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm pretty sure (my memory isn't the best haha!) the last time I had my period was early August so 3 months ago, but it was literally a very small amount and only lasted like 1 hour.

I'm a healthy 16 year old, have never been sexually active and don't have any medical conditions. The only reason I can think of as a cause is possibly that I have lost a bit of weight - since the start of 2021 I've done more regular exercise like 30 minute sessions on weekdays, and I've not eaten junk food or sweets regularly other than very occasionally or at parties etc. I've lost 4-5kg since the start of the year, but I wouldn't consider that as sudden. Should I be worried, or has anyone else experienced this before? Thanks
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello! Sometimes periods can take a while before they regulate themselves, however, if you feel concerned about this, then theres no harm in checking in with your doctor just to double check that everything is alright, as they will be the ones who will be able to tell you for sure
It could also be due to stress, if you have been dealing with a heavy amount of that lately?
Anonymous #1
Hi, ok thanks that's true yeah I heard stress could be a factor, but I don't think that I've been that stressed? I've gone back to school and stuff but I haven't felt any worse than usual ig haha
franklyfruity
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
hey! just wanted to let you know that I'm in an extremely similar posititon haha, I think I've had my period maybe four or five times in the last 2 years? I went to see my doctor about it and was diagnosed with PCOS. I'm certainly not saying that you have this same condition, but it's worth considering there might be a logical explanation to the problem. but sometimes, periods are just irregular!! as long as you're eating right and sleeping right then I really wouldn't worry too much. if this issue persists, you can always go see your doctor. hope this helps!!
Anonymous #1
hi, thank you that is helpful and reassuring! hope you are well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (22)
9.91%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (7)
3.15%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.76%
Finding the motivation (62)
27.93%
Getting distracted (37)
16.67%
Procrastination (77)
34.68%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.45%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed