bad grades and amazing personal statement

Watch
usernamechange11
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
if my grades are not ASS but ass but my personal statement is AMAZING, do you think i have a chance being accepted to the university i want. they dont ask for super high but i still dont really meet their requirements. im a grade below ;-:
booklover1313
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by usernamechange11)
if my grades are not ASS but ass but my personal statement is AMAZING, do you think i have a chance being accepted to the university i want. they dont ask for super high but i still dont really meet their requirements. im a grade below ;-:
To be honest, your grades are probably more important than your personal statement. Of course having a great personal statement will help, but if you are under the grade requirements, it's not at all certain that you would get an offer. It also depends on how competitive the course is. Some places have crazy ratios of 10:1 in which case, probably not, but if it is more like 1:2, you could have a chance. Also if your reference is good that will help.
jray204
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by usernamechange11)
In america they have more of a leniency to this sort of thing but in the UK not as much. Then again worldwide your grades do matter especially to top unis. However hearing you're only one grade below isn't that bad and many people apply to unis who have requirements of one grade above. I recommend you do apply to them but also choose some backups!
Last edited by jray204; 1 week ago
usernamechange11
Rep:
(Original post by booklover1313)
To be honest, your grades are probably more important than your personal statement. Of course having a great personal statement will help, but if you are under the grade requirements, it's not at all certain that you would get an offer. It also depends on how competitive the course is. Some places have crazy ratios of 10:1 in which case, probably not, but if it is more like 1:2, you could have a chance. Also if your reference is good that will help.
Understood! i will try too bump up my grade. thankyou v v v much
usernamechange11
Rep:
(Original post by jray204)
In america they have more of a leniency to this sort of thing but in the UK not as much. Then again worldwide your grades to matter especially to top unis. However hearing you're only one grade below isn't that bad and many people apply to unis who have requirements of one grade above. I recommend you do apply to them but also choose some backups!
yeah i need to choose some backups fr. thankyou though!
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If your grades are that rough you wont get beyond first-check - ie.they'll reject you long before they look at your PS.
usernamechange11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by McGinger)
If your grades are that rough you wont get beyond first-check - ie.they'll reject you long before they look at your PS.
i said its one grade under, im still trying to get it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (5)
9.8%
Okay (18)
35.29%
A bit lacking (14)
27.45%
Not good at all (14)
27.45%

Watched Threads