mental breakdowns and feeling drained

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have been feeling so overwhelmed, drained and in over my head recently. I have had a couple of mental breakdowns in the last week and I am struggling to cope. I don't know what to do and my mental health has nearly hit rock bottom. i want everything to stop
SexyCutieLovely
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Hey, first you just need to calm down.
And I am so so soo sorry for saying this because I hate it when people tell me to calm down.
The best thing you can do is relax. Do something that makes you happy. Sit down and listen to music, watch a movie, go out and eat some food. Whatever you can to just get out of your head.
Some more tips are to:
1. Find out what is getting you so anxious- If you can find a general idea as to why your overwhelmed just ask yourself why. Over and over just ask your self why until you get to a single simple answer. Hopefully once you get to that answer you will realize that your are getting anxious over nothing
2. Eat something, watch a movie, or listen to music- A good thing to do is to just get it off your mind for a while. You can go out and eat with a friend. I recommend Ice cream or some kind of junk food, it makes me happy. lol You can also sit down and watch one of your favorite movies, or a totally new one. (Hamilton, The fault in our stars, Me before you, The little Mermaid (Disney never disappoints).
3. Play some games- You can play many games, like board games. (Life, Risk, Monopoly) Risk is a super long game so it is very good to clear the mind because you need your brain to be focused on the game. (It's a game of world domination if that makes it sound more fun lol.) You can also play simpler, one person games like a puzzle or even sight games. Every time you feel like your going to break down just close your eyes for 10 seconds and hold your breath, when you open your eyes look for as many things in the room that are red. (Or any color you choose).
4. Go for a walk- I recommend this to you big time. Just go outside and get some fresh air. As you walk you can look around and look at nature because it is a beautiful thing just like you are. You can also count your steps, see if you can get 1,000 steps.
4. Breathe- This is one of the most important things to do. Really focus on your breathing. There is a trick called the triangle.. If you put your hand out you can trace a triangle in the air. Bring your hand down and breathe in, then bring your hand straight across as the bottom of the triangle and hold your breathe. Then when you bring your hand back up breathe out. You can make your triangle as big or as little as you want.

But anyway, I made this reply especially long because I wanted you to feel like I was talking to you and comforting you. I may not know you but I am here for you and I am really rooting for you. If you ever need anything just email me. ([email protected]) And I know with an email like that you might not want to talk to me, lol, but cut me some slack because I made this account like a while ago. What can I say, I like BTS. I wish you all the best and I really hope that maybe we can talk to each other. Someone is here for you and someone loves you and appreciates you. Don't forget that you are beautiful.
Bye.💜💜💜
Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 14
Size:  13.3 KBName:  I-love-you-past.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  34.2 KB
Last edited by SexyCutieLovely; 1 week ago
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have been feeling so overwhelmed, drained and in over my head recently. I have had a couple of mental breakdowns in the last week and I am struggling to cope. I don't know what to do and my mental health has nearly hit rock bottom. i want everything to stop
If you wish to speak to anyone, feel free to pm me.

You can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by SexyCutieLovely)
Hey, first you just need to calm down.
And I am so so soo sorry for saying this because I hate it when people tell me to calm down.
The best thing you can do is relax. Do something that makes you happy. Sit down and listen to music, watch a movie, go out and eat some food. Whatever you can to just get out of your head.
Some more tips are to:
1. Find out what is getting you so anxious- If you can find a general idea as to why your overwhelmed just ask yourself why. Over and over just ask your self why until you get to a single simple answer. Hopefully once you get to that answer you will realize that your are getting anxious over nothing
2. Eat something, watch a movie, or listen to music- A good thing to do is to just get it off your mind for a while. You can go out and eat with a friend. I recommend Ice cream or some kind of junk food, it makes me happy. lol You can also sit down and watch one of your favorite movies, or a totally new one. (Hamilton, The fault in our stars, Me before you, The little Mermaid (Disney never disappoints).
3. Play some games- You can play many games, like board games. (Life, Risk, Monopoly) Risk is a super long game so it is very good to clear the mind because you need your brain to be focused on the game. (It's a game of world domination if that makes it sound more fun lol.) You can also play simpler, one person games like a puzzle or even sight games. Every time you feel like your going to break down just close your eyes for 10 seconds and hold your breath, when you open your eyes look for as many things in the room that are red. (Or any color you choose).
4. Go for a walk- I recommend this to you big time. Just go outside and get some fresh air. As you walk you can look around and look at nature because it is a beautiful thing just like you are. You can also count your steps, see if you can get 1,000 steps.
4. Breathe- This is one of the most important things to do. Really focus on your breathing. There is a trick called the triangle.. If you put your hand out you can trace a triangle in the air. Bring your hand down and breathe in, then bring your hand straight across as the bottom of the triangle and hold your breathe. Then when you bring your hand back up breathe out. You can make your triangle as big or as little as you want.

But anyway, I made this reply especially long because I wanted you to feel like I was talking to you and comforting you. I may not know you but I am here for you and I am really rooting for you. If you ever need anything just email me. ([email protected]) And I know with an email like that you might not want to talk to me, lol, but cut me some slack because I made this account like a while ago. What can I say, I like BTS. I wish you all the best and I really hope that maybe we can talk to each other. Someone is here for you and someone loves you and appreciates you. Don't forget that you are beautiful.
Bye.💜💜💜
Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 14
Size:  13.3 KBName:  I-love-you-past.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  34.2 KB
this is so thoughtful + amazing! Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.97%
Okay (65)
29.15%
A bit lacking (83)
37.22%
Not good at all (55)
24.66%

Watched Threads