The Student Room Group

How do I approach white guys?

I like English/white guys but I'm Asian and wear a hijab for non religious reasons. How do I approach them or will they even be interested in me? Should I even bother, I'm trying through online dating, talked to a few white guys but never got to the stages of meeting well I didn't once but he wasn't my type.
Reply 1
Try to be in the right places to meet liberal, lefty, climate loving, vegan, trans supporting, artistic and generally ‘woke’ communities, they might see your hijab as a plus since it validates their diversity and acceptance.
If its for you it will work its way out....you are beautiful 😍 just the way you are.you should keep trying ..you just haven't found ur Mr perfect 😉
Walk. And then talk.
Reply 4
How do I approach guys?

Corrected for you as it makes no difference who they are.
Reply 5
I've seen a lot of these threads popping up recently. About young Muslim women who are perpetually attracted to white men and never seem to get out of this phase. I wouldn't notice if it was just one or two threads here and there - but the fact they come along so often indicates that lots of Muslim women are attracted to men outside their race. Yes we know white men are usually forbidden pleasures for you, unlikely to be accepted by your families and communities - and that's what makes them attractive to you above men from your own ethnicities.

So here's a little friendly advice for all the young Muslim men who will eventually end up marrying Muslim women, especially those wearing a hijab. Make sure your wife/girlfriend isn't looking at white guys elsewhere and make sure she doesn't start thinking she could do better than you with a white guy. It will set a very dangerous precedent for your relationship. The modern Muslim woman in 21st century Great Britain has sexual freedom and access to any man she wants. Make sure she's chosen you because her eyes are only on you and she knows you're the best she can achieve. Not for any of the following reasons:

A) She couldn't find a white guy
B) She was with a white guy and couldn't make it work long-term
C) Her family refused to accept a white guy
D) Body clock is ticking and she feels like she is settling for you because her options with white guys have dried up

All these reasons create emotional baggage for Muslim women. Which is why you Muslim men looking for respectable wives should put Muslim women through a very thorough vetting process. A woman who constantly wishes she could have had a better life with a white guy is an unhappy woman who will eventually create problems in your life, perhaps even embarrass you in front of your friends, family and community.
If you are willing to approach caucasian secular guys looking for a date or to find a long term partner, the best thing for you to do is to change your usual makeup look & hairstyle then take off the head covering for photos and dates.

A lot of people have attraction dealbreakers connected to hairstyle, they won't know if they consider you attractive without seeing your hair.
Maybe setup a new online dating profile that also includes photos of your favourite animals, foods, hairstyle from the back and hands if you have any elaborate nail art.
Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous
I like English/white guys but I'm Asian and wear a hijab for non religious reasons. How do I approach them or will they even be interested in me? Should I even bother, I'm trying through online dating, talked to a few white guys but never got to the stages of meeting well I didn't once but he wasn't my type.

Are you South Asian?
Are you South Asian?

Yeah
Yeah

start talking to boys in your school?
Original post by starmus
Try to be in the right places to meet liberal, lefty, climate loving, vegan, trans supporting, artistic and generally ‘woke’ communities, they might see your hijab as a plus since it validates their diversity and acceptance.

So please tell me why a right wing carnivore male (or female) shouldn't be appreciative of a hijab wearing woman? Surely it is the individual that matters and not the clothing?

Original post by asif007

A) She couldn't find a white guy
B) She was with a white guy and couldn't make it work long-term
C) Her family refused to accept a white guy
D) Body clock is ticking and she feels like she is settling for you because her options with white guys have dried up

All these reasons create emotional baggage for Muslim women. Which is why you Muslim men looking for respectable wives should put Muslim women through a very thorough vetting process. A woman who constantly wishes she could have had a better life with a white guy is an unhappy woman who will eventually create problems in your life, perhaps even embarrass you in front of your friends, family and community.

How sad in the 21st century there continue to be medieval attitudes against women entrenched in some communities here in the UK?

Please do tell me what a 'respectable' wife is?
Is it a wife who stays at home and rears her children out of sight of society? Is it a a wife who will not be outspoken or engage in politics? Is it a woman who will not work and be subservient to men?

This 'vetting' process?
Is the vetting process to ensure the proposed woman does not have controversial modern ideas about financial and social independence and to ensure a woman knows her place and does not go out independently of her husband? Are these the problems you refer to which could embarrass a man in front of friends or family and the wider community?
Original post by Muttly
So please tell me why a right wing carnivore male (or female) shouldn't be appreciative of a hijab wearing woman?

The user that you have replied to is probably a banned troll.

However, plenty of secular people who sit all over the political spectrum and opt for very different diets have zero enthusiasm for any religious uniforms or jewellery with obvious religious associations worn by any person.
Nor any visible items that reflect a personal commitment to continuing the wearing of ancient fashions or overseas tribal customs.
Many such people will include these types of beliefs & personal values within their dating dealbreakers and social life preferences to avoid getting closely involved with obviously incompatible individuals.
start talking to boys in your school?

I'm not at school, I finished school many years ago
I'm not at school, I finished school many years ago

can't you try approaching on the street?
You need to give an offering off tea and biscuits before praising the queen and commenting on the weather.
reach out to your friends and see if you can attend some events / societies / activity things that are happening in your town / city.
Then just approach the guy you like the look of / think that he will be interesting to talk to, and just chat about anything.
can't you try approaching on the street?

I can't approach random people on the street, they'll think I'm weird

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending