Charl1313
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Im in my second year of sixth form and Imy sociology grades are dropping and I dont know why...Last year i was gettting As and Bs and for the last few practice exams/questions ive been doing ive been getting Cs. I dont know why, I feel like Im trying so much more this year as well, it feels like all my effort is for nothing. Ive read mark scemes and gone through things in the lesson until im sure i know what it means but i still cant get the grades i want. My teacher is hardly any help, the feedback doesnt tell me how to be better. I dont know if its the topic, mass media. Which i prefer less than the topics i did last year, I really just dont know what esle to do.
Manvi456
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
Hi, first of all DONT stress at all cuz the more u stress the more **** happens. I did sociology, in less than 6 months for a levels and I came out with a grade C overall. What helped me the most was, watching YouTube videos and getting help from the app called quizlet. There’s a lot of help from watching sociology YouTube videos as everything is presented in detail. As well as that you need an sociology a level guide which also really helped me, making notes on them and also there’s like questions from the guide u can do. Quizlet is an app that helps u give long info short and makes it more easier to memories.

Wish u the best of luck and hope this helped! I know it’s basic but trust me.
Charl1313
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Manvi456)
Hi, first of all DONT stress at all cuz the more u stress the more **** happens. I did sociology, in less than 6 months for a levels and I came out with a grade C overall. What helped me the most was, watching YouTube videos and getting help from the app called quizlet. There’s a lot of help from watching sociology YouTube videos as everything is presented in detail. As well as that you need an sociology a level guide which also really helped me, making notes on them and also there’s like questions from the guide u can do. Quizlet is an app that helps u give long info short and makes it more easier to memories.

Wish u the best of luck and hope this helped! I know it’s basic but trust me.
I know I just need to spend more time on it and stay calm, it’s just stressful, especially now we don’t know if exams are happening so every essay kinda matters 😬😬 Thankyou though, I really just needed to vent ahahah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (2)
8.33%
Okay (7)
29.17%
A bit lacking (7)
29.17%
Not good at all (8)
33.33%

Watched Threads