JA03
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
im stuck on these, pls help

what are environmental impacts of Karachi's rapidly growing population? And how could growth be managed?
tinyperson
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
tell us more
JA03
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
tell us more
we're doing case studies on megacities and we're doing Karachi. We're looking at the causes of its rapidly growing population, the social impacts, environmental impacts and if it could be managed in the future.
tinyperson
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
make notes
JA03
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
make notes
im not asking for revision, I just can't find any information for environmental impacts of the growing population of Karachi and I'm using this forum to ask for help.
Bristolbb
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by JA03)
im not asking for revision, I just can't find any information for environmental impacts of the growing population of Karachi and I'm using this forum to ask for help.
Lots of ways, this is a really interestin topic

You can look at things like energy infrastructures and use, rates of disease (covid relevant)

You can look at certain neighbourhoods in the city to see if they are living unsustainably for example pollution, litter, waste disposal, or inefficient water pipes for example that leak, or if there is a public water supply that gets contaminated and causes pollution/illness.

Industries: are there local factories or machines or warehouses that create pollution e.g e-scrap waste, burning plastics and rubber, or butchers that don't dispose of animal waste properly and cause contamination outside

In your spare time there's a great documentary on Dharavi which might give you some insight into complex areas of cities
JA03
Rep:
(Original post by Bristolbb)
Lots of ways, this is a really interestin topic

You can look at things like energy infrastructures and use, rates of disease (covid relevant)

You can look at certain neighbourhoods in the city to see if they are living unsustainably for example pollution, litter, waste disposal, or inefficient water pipes for example that leak, or if there is a public water supply that gets contaminated and causes pollution/illness.

Industries: are there local factories or machines or warehouses that create pollution e.g e-scrap waste, burning plastics and rubber, or butchers that don't dispose of animal waste properly and cause contamination outside

In your spare time there's a great documentary on Dharavi which might give you some insight into complex areas of cities
thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (141)
40.4%
They're exactly what I expected (86)