December19
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi there,

Work coaches on FTA contract .Have you heard anything about contract extension or being offered permenant contract? if not what do you guys think which job roles can you apply for keeping current job training in mind?
Grantaire99
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Formerly on one of the fta contracts, around half of the intake I was in have now moved on due to having no confidence there would be any extension. Could be wrong but seemed the right time to secure a longer term job.
Deutsch87
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
We were all told that we would find out in November and that we shouldn't all rush to find alternative employment.
However this recent article is not so helpfulll...
https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dwp-work-coaches-hired-biggest-25534075.amp?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16378353721825&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mirror.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Fdwp-work-coaches-hired-biggest-25534075
Grantaire99
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
Have spoken to colleagues and on a recent JP Marks call he said nobody should jump ship just yet. Fingers crossed that's good news for everyone still there.
Last edited by Grantaire99; 2 days ago
PrittyVacant
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
I was invited to a meeting by the grade 7 of our team on Monday, with a SCS in attendance. The question was asked and the response was (in light of the fact no info was given this month as stated) that it was being pushed for info prior to Christmas but couldn’t guarantee…. Same old story 😂

Also attended a national PCS meeting and a representative who attended said DWP had a ‘good track record’ of making FTAs perm - though obvs no guarantee, but is high on PCS agenda too.

Again, nothing concrete, but that’s the most up to date info that I’ve been able to ascertain this far.
Last edited by PrittyVacant; 1 day ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (12)
9.16%
Okay (36)
27.48%
A bit lacking (48)
36.64%
Not good at all (35)
26.72%

Watched Threads