The Student Room Group

No Motivation to work - A Levels

Hi to anyone to reads this,
I did great in my gcse's with 8's and 9's with one 6 which is totally fine for me, but since a levels my mental has significantly worsened mainly due to the lockdown and now im in year 13 and nothing has improved. i got not support from anyone and have tried reaching out before but that failed and its very difficult for me to get my life sorted out. I procrastinate 24/7 but have the constant fear of my exams and mocks and how teachers judge me. I've tried to make timetables and know what i have to do but can't actually start anything. I do everything last minute despite telling myself that i'll do it earlier than the deadline. i'm practially not going anywhere with my grades and it may sound easy to get up and work but it REALLYY hard. It would be really nice if someone can help me or even give some advice because there's a lot im lacking behind in and its taking my mental health to an extreme where i feel like i wouldn't be able to reverse back.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I did great in my gcse's with 8's and 9's with one 6 which is totally fine for me, but since a levels my mental has significantly worsened mainly due to the lockdown and now im in year 13 and nothing has improved. i got not support from anyone and have tried reaching out before but that failed and its very difficult for me to get my life sorted out. I procrastinate 24/7 but have the constant fear of my exams and mocks and how teachers judge me. I've tried to make timetables and know what i have to do but can't actually start anything. I do everything last minute despite telling myself that i'll do it earlier than the deadline. i'm practially not going anywhere with my grades and it may sound easy to get up and work but it REALLYY hard. It would be really nice if someone can help me or even give some advice because there's a lot im lacking behind in and its taking my mental health to an extreme where i feel like i wouldn't be able to reverse back.

In the same situation :/ I could of sworn that I had typed that paragraph out myself. Which A-Levels? If we share similar ones idm working together until we ace the exams.
Reply 2
Original post by SULLY_SOG
In the same situation :/ I could of sworn that I had typed that paragraph out myself. Which A-Levels? If we share similar ones idm working together until we ace the exams.

I do biology, chemistry and geography Wbu? And I’m sorry you’re experiencing the same it’s really feels likes **** :/
I do biology, chemistry and geography Wbu? And I’m sorry you’re experiencing the same it’s really feels likes **** :/

Amongst our A-Levels I share Chemistry with you. (Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Arabic are my others)
For me it's literally just needing someone to do work with at the same time and progressing with xD
(edited 2 years ago)

How old are you?

Hey! I study biology chemistry and psychology I was in a similar situation throughout year 12 until I tried to get better in the summer holidays and it worked…you could try to get motivated by what you inspired to be in the future also try to find the perfect time that your brain works the best (for me it’s the morning). Revise with slow music in the background (I can recommend) …also try websites such as Seneca or PMT (I use those two)
Reply 6
Original post by SULLY_SOG
Amongst our A-Levels I share Chemistry with you. (Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Arabic are my others)
For me it's literally just needing someone to do work with at the same time and progressing with xD

Me too I don’t mind doing some sort of working thing together like you suggested and we might be able to even help each other in chemistry 😊
Me too I don’t mind doing some sort of working thing together like you suggested and we might be able to even help each other in chemistry 😊

Sounds great :smile: Let me know how you prefer to keep in touch!
Reply 8
uhhh im not sure of places where we can do a study together, but if you have any in mind i wouldn't mind.
And sorry i replied super late lol
Hey! I'm also in the exact same position as you. I'm taking biology, chemistry and maths. And they're hard. Year 12 was okay but for some reason year 13 is just so much worse. I feel no motivation at all that I don't even enjoy the things I used to anymore - I've applied to study medicine but now I'm questioning why (I was so so passionate for it).
I've always got in the A*-B range, but all my grades are starting to slip. I did a maths mock last week and got my first grade C ever. It should be a wake up call but honestly, I think part of me has already given up.
Please could I join your study together thing if something gets set up? :frown:

p.s. sorry that I waffled, I have no one else to tell stuff like this to
Hey! I'm also in the exact same position as you. I'm taking biology, chemistry and maths. And they're hard. Year 12 was okay but for some reason year 13 is just so much worse. I feel no motivation at all that I don't even enjoy the things I used to anymore - I've applied to study medicine but now I'm questioning why (I was so so passionate for it).
I've always got in the A*-B range, but all my grades are starting to slip. I did a maths mock last week and got my first grade C ever. It should be a wake up call but honestly, I think part of me has already given up.
Please could I join your study together thing if something gets set up? :frown:

p.s. sorry that I waffled, I have no one else to tell stuff like this to

no dont worry i totally get you, i've chosen pharmacy as my option for uni and my grades are literally dropping so much, and i honestly feel like giving up. I'm just not sure how we should communicate in order for a study together things to be set up.
It would be great if you have any ideas where we can all study together and bring our grades up :smile:
But i'll try to find something maybe like discord or something like that but if you have any better ideas then im up for it :/
no dont worry i totally get you, i've chosen pharmacy as my option for uni and my grades are literally dropping so much, and i honestly feel like giving up. I'm just not sure how we should communicate in order for a study together things to be set up.
It would be great if you have any ideas where we can all study together and bring our grades up :smile:
But i'll try to find something maybe like discord or something like that but if you have any better ideas then im up for it :/

I think discord could work. I'm not really sure how else we could study together. If we're doing voice only, then we could use zoom without cameras if that's a bit easier than discord?
It's nice to know there's others out there in the same boat as I am, sort of comforting in a way :smile:
I think discord could work. I'm not really sure how else we could study together. If we're doing voice only, then we could use zoom without cameras if that's a bit easier than discord?
It's nice to know there's others out there in the same boat as I am, sort of comforting in a way :smile:

yess i dont know many who are in the same boat as me and its soo great to see people are in the same position im in.
I dont mind zoom with voice or discord with voice too whatever you're comfortable with I'm good with it :smile:
yess i dont know many who are in the same boat as me and its soo great to see people are in the same position im in.
I dont mind zoom with voice or discord with voice too whatever you're comfortable with I'm good with it :smile:

My best (and literally only) friend is the smartest person in my year, A*s every time, you can imagine how it feels to be me :s-smilie:

Hmm, could we use zoom because I just remembered I don't really know how to use discord aha :biggrin:
My best (and literally only) friend is the smartest person in my year, A*s every time, you can imagine how it feels to be me :s-smilie:

Hmm, could we use zoom because I just remembered I don't really know how to use discord aha :biggrin:

aww don't compare yourself to your best friend. I literally only have one friend too lol.
Zoom is fine but since you're a pro a zoom do you know how to set it up because I've personally never used it lmao :biggrin:
Posting to say I've gone through a similar experience. My mental health at the start of Y12 (the year I'm currently in) made it difficult for me to study, and it's only recently I've started feeling a bit better.
We could start a TSR Social Group to chat on :smile:
aww don't compare yourself to your best friend. I literally only have one friend too lol.
Zoom is fine but since you're a pro a zoom do you know how to set it up because I've personally never used it lmao :biggrin:

okay okay confession time - I've only used zoom a couple times but I've never been the one to set it up :tongue:
How about we go with discord then, because then at least one of us knows how to set something up haha
Posting to say I've gone through a similar experience. My mental health at the start of Y12 (the year I'm currently in) made it difficult for me to study, and it's only recently I've started feeling a bit better.
We could start a TSR Social Group to chat on :smile:

Im sorry, you had to go the that I completely relate to what you're feeling year 12 totally destroyed my mental health, and even now I'm not doing the best and maybe thought reaching out on the TSR would be a good idea.
TSR social group chat is a great idea but I'm not sure how it would work .
You could create the chat and i'm happy to join :smile:
okay okay confession time I've only used zoom a couple times but I've never been the one to set it up :tongue:
How about we go with discord then, because then at least one of us knows how to set something up haha

haha no worries I'll probably have it set up by tomorrow and I'll reply back on this post with the link etc.
if there's anyone you know who might want to join that's absolutely fine too :smile:
haha no worries I'll probably have it set up by tomorrow and I'll reply back on this post with the link etc.
if there's anyone you know who might want to join that's absolutely fine too :smile:

I don't know how discord works. What does it involve?

Quick Reply

Latest