lozzabragan
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
What was your experience and opinion on the course?
rayray2828
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
It was alright. I took the whole syllabus in one year and chose probablity & statistics. Honestly, i didn't like mechanics. I found statistics easier if you like more theory and writing in a way.
Also, pure maths is not bad if you learn through solving past papers, and i mean, only hard and complicated exercises. that's the only way i found works for me.
But, if had another chance in life -and i cannot stress this enough- i would never have chosen it voluntarily. It's just terrible.
Indililam1
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Pure maths was easiest for me by a long shot, then Mechanics, then Statistics, but this is completely individual (I sit WJEC so have to do all 3). I did the course in a year as I'm also taking Further Maths and didn't struggle too much, but I work my backside off 24/7 and ensure that my abilities are fluent for the whole syllabus. Those who actually studied in their free time and completed all of the work set (and often, much, much more) got A*s. The others? Not so much.
Only take it if you're truly passionate about maths or are willing to put the work in. I've seen so many people who take it because they got an A* at GCSE without any work and then completely flunk A-Level. The step up to A-Level can be pretty jarring, even for the most prepared students.
Last edited by Indililam1; 6 days ago
rayray2828
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Indililam1)
Pure maths was easiest for me by a long shot, then Mechanics, then Statistics, but this is completely individual (I sit WJEC so have to do all 3). I did the course in a year as I'm also taking Further Maths and didn't struggle too much, but I work my backside off 24/7 and ensure that my abilities are fluent for the whole syllabus. Those who actually studied in their free time and completed all of the work set (and often, much, much more) got A*s. The others? Not so much.
Only take it if you're truly passionate about maths or are willing to put the work in. I've seen so many people who take it because they got an A* at GCSE without any work and then completely flunk A-Level. The step up to A-Level can be pretty jarring, even for the most prepared students.
the last two lines sum up pretty much my old class
Last edited by rayray2828; 6 days ago
ashvinsingh
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by lozzabragan)
What was your experience and opinion on the course?
Tbh the lesson I find easiest and most satisfying to do. Pure is by far my favourite mechanics are harder and more diagram based but still good and statistics is okay, I’d recommend doing it for a levels! Edexcel spec btw but it does get harder in year 13
EOData
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by rayray2828)
It was alright. I took the whole syllabus in one year and chose probablity & statistics. Honestly, i didn't like mechanics. I found statistics easier if you like more theory and writing in a way.
There's no longer a choice in England. All students have to study some Stats and some mechanics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (2)
9.09%
Okay (6)
27.27%
A bit lacking (7)
31.82%
Not good at all (7)
31.82%

Watched Threads