A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Physics

Watch
Jake Satchelle
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hello.. just wanted to ask:

I have not taken triple or double science but I am really interested in taking a-level bio, chemistry or physics, will I be able to take the course even though I only did core science
Last edited by Jake Satchelle; 6 days ago
Anholm
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Jake Satchelle)
Hello.. just wanted to ask:

I have not taken triple or double science but I am really interested in taking a-level bio, chemistry or physics, will I be able to take the course even though I only did core science
If you are getting above average grades in science and maths then yes. You would be giving yourself an extremely large amount of work though. Are you 100% sure you love all of those subjects. They are not things you can be half hearted about
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
That is entirely the decison of your school or college.
Jake Satchelle
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I am quite passionate about bio but need to take 2 sciences at a level to do a degree in bio which is what I need to become a science teacher
Anholm
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Jake Satchelle)
I am quite passionate about bio but need to take 2 sciences at a level to do a degree in bio which is what I need to become a science teacher
Oh yes, I was in a similar situation to you. Biology gets very in depth and very interesting at A-Level. I recommend that for a degree in biology, you take biology and chemistry. Taking those two subjects will open you up to all universities even oxbridge as they are most relevant to the degree. Physics too is very interesting but it is not a subject you can take just yo get three A-Levels. If you do physics, you have to really want to do physics while having good maths skills. Universities ask for 2 sciences including biology leaving your third free. I don't know what you like doing but I've quite liked the Environmental Science course. It's not as difficult as physics but is counted as a science for almost all universities. It goes into a huge amount of detail about conservation, energy use, biomes, natural processes, agriculture, pollution, ecosystems, biogeochemical cycles...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (2)
9.09%
Okay (6)
27.27%
A bit lacking (7)
31.82%
Not good at all (7)
31.82%

Watched Threads