Weight loss

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I want to lose a stone and a half in 4 months is this realistic? How many calories would I need to cut to do this?
ac1dic_blood
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Honestly it depends what your starting weight is
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
That's doable yes.

Stick to 1,200 calories a day, and do an hour of exercise a day.

But only attempt to lose weight if you are actually overweight in the first place.
Last edited by PinkMobilePhone; 4 days ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ac1dic_blood)
Honestly it depends what your starting weight is
62.2kg. At the start of 2020 I was 50kg so I’d like to get fairly close to that again. My activity levels had dropped a lot and I’ve started to eat more junk especially as I have uni exams coming up
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
That's doable yes.

Stick to 1,200 calories a day, and do an hour of exercise a day.

But only attempt to lose weight if you are actually overweight in the first place.
I’m not overweight but I’ve put a decent amount of weight on
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m not overweight but I’ve put a decent amount of weight on
if you're not overweight, then a stone and a half is a bit much to lose. Half a stone to tone up would be more like it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
if you're not overweight, then a stone and a half is a bit much to lose. Half a stone to tone up would be more like it.
I was the same weight for 5 years but with lockdowns I put a stone and a half on. I think I'll start with half a stone and see how it goes
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Yes, that is possible.
To lose weight you have to be into calorie deficit by at least 500 calories, achieved through daily dietary consumption and exercise.
Are you trying to achieve a specific weight, measurements, body fat % range or appearance? :confused:
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Perfectly doable: I lost 2stone 7lbs in 6 months.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (99)
34.98%
Yes - a trusted person (78)
27.56%
No (75)
26.5%
I'm not sure (31)
10.95%

Watched Threads