Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My undergraduate degree is in Early Childhood Studies. I also hold a PGCE with QTS.
I have an interest in child development, and child mental health and well-being.
Am i right in that if i want to become a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS), I have to do a psychology conversion course to allow me to apply for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC)? Im also confused as to what counts as a psychology conversion course. Is it literally any MA/MSc psychology related course that is accredited by BPS? If so, this course at UCL can do that, right? https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-st...evelopment-msc
katy1610
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My undergraduate degree is in Early Childhood Studies. I also hold a PGCE with QTS.
I have an interest in child development, and child mental health and well-being.
Am i right in that if i want to become a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS), I have to do a psychology conversion course to allow me to apply for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC)? Im also confused as to what counts as a psychology conversion course. Is it literally any MA/MSc psychology related course that is accredited by BPS? If so, this course at UCL can do that, right? https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-st...evelopment-msc
Hi, yes that's right. You need to undertake an accredited course to gain GBC. I'm currently studying the MSc Applied Psychology (Conversion) at the University of Bedfordshire. Its a year-long masters degree and you need to get 40% overall to pass the course, and 50% to be eligible for GBC. Most doctorates want you to achive 60+. If you look on the BPS website you can find a list of all the accredited courses, the one you've posted looks like it has the BPS accreditation, but definitely get it clarified before you apply, I made the mistake of not doing so last year and the university I applied to had lost their accreditation! Good luck! :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads