Failing Spanish , is there anyway to not take it ?

Watch
Anonstudent05
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m about to take my year eleven mocks and the last Spanish test I passed was in year 7 . Last year I revised Spanish constantly and what happened ? I still failed , and my previously good grades where either Meh or fails because I spent all of my time revising for and stressing about Spanish . I’m predicted a 2 . I see no point in continuing to waste time revising for Spanish and I do not want to be taken out of important lessons so that I can take my Spanish mocks when I know ( well , everyone knows really ) that I am not going to pass . If I refuse to attend , what will happen ? Everybody talks about dropping GCSE subjects , but is that something every school does ? because I’ve only ever heard of it here . Is it possible to change GCSE subjects so close to the exams ? I don’t know , please help I’m begging , the best I’ve gotten in Spanish was a 3+ in year 9 and I cried of HAPPINESS because it’s the closest I’ve ever gotten to a pass , it has however , went downhill . I have a speaking exam this morning and I’ve already had a twenty minute long anxiety attack thinking about it , there is positively no way that I can do this.
StarDreamIX
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
I'm a little late, but I hope your speaking tes twent well... Also, i'm in the SAME situation!, I am failing my French and I have always gone down in grades, I have passed (just) in a test last year with a 4 and then got a U in my last writing test with (3/60) I was so sad about it, My revision is worthless as well AND i am in Year 11 as well, my mocks are really soon too. My advice, (which is also probably worthless) would be to buy a spanish textbook with your exam board and study it, also look through key vocab, search for videos to teach yourself easier, and for speaking, write a little paragraph on the topic your studying and what you have to say, then go in front of a mirror and say the conversation to yourself, imagine that it is real, or anything, but the thing is, you can practice this for unlimited times you want at home, but on exam day, you only have one shot, so practice is important. But hey, i'm failing and i'm not doing anything i just said, so i am a hypocrite haha But, i got a U so i need to study harder. I wish you the best of luck for everything you have to do.
tinyperson
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
good luck
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonstudent05)
I’m about to take my year eleven mocks and the last Spanish test I passed was in year 7 . Last year I revised Spanish constantly and what happened ? I still failed , and my previously good grades where either Meh or fails because I spent all of my time revising for and stressing about Spanish . I’m predicted a 2 . I see no point in continuing to waste time revising for Spanish and I do not want to be taken out of important lessons so that I can take my Spanish mocks when I know ( well , everyone knows really ) that I am not going to pass . If I refuse to attend , what will happen ? Everybody talks about dropping GCSE subjects , but is that something every school does ? because I’ve only ever heard of it here . Is it possible to change GCSE subjects so close to the exams ? I don’t know , please help I’m begging , the best I’ve gotten in Spanish was a 3+ in year 9 and I cried of HAPPINESS because it’s the closest I’ve ever gotten to a pass , it has however , went downhill . I have a speaking exam this morning and I’ve already had a twenty minute long anxiety attack thinking about it , there is positively no way that I can do this.
GCSE courses are 2 years long (honestly we start learning the content from Year 7 really) unless you can catch up a year and a bit of work I highly doubt your school will let you change now... although maybe you need to look at the revision methods you use - the tips above look good ^^
Dropping GCSEs is more for Year 10/9 and just coming up to the course not having missed too much work
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
When I say dropping up there I meant in terms of changing - your school may let you drop the subject entirely and do something else in those timetabled lessons, best thing to do is ask them
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
The school system really is so inflexible and difficult.

You'll have to speak to your school about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.15%
Okay (42)
29.58%
A bit lacking (50)
35.21%
Not good at all (37)
26.06%

Watched Threads