The Student Room Group

Ppossible disciplinary

Hi have had a disciplinary hearing on think 25 policy i recieved a first written warning at Tesco if I do the same thing again within my timescale of that warning what would be the outcome
Original post by Elaine hargrave
Hi have had a disciplinary hearing on think 25 policy i recieved a first written warning at Tesco if I do the same thing again within my timescale of that warning what would be the outcome

At least you should have been given a verbal warning if it was first discipline about this policy.

You'll get at least 3 warnings but it will obviously depends on manager at time of having a disciplinary hearing.

DON'T let it happen again, best thing if in doubt just ID them okay as better safe than sorry.
If person refuse to show you ID then either call your t/leader or supervisor and they will ask them for it and If still refusing then they will be asked hopefully to leave the store.

I have a few times myself forgotten to ID people who bought alcohol and I not been pulled up ( unfortunately its left to your discretion to ID people or not by judging they are over both 18 & 25 ). I think a policy of showing ID for alcohol and any over stuff requiring ID should be compulsory as that way staff won't be in trouble.

A t/leader and stand in supervisor as required at tesco. ( I don't usually work tills as I am on alcohol department).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending