The Student Room Group

Is modafinil, a brain-boosting nootropic, effective?

Nootropics One of the most efficient nootropics for brain enhancement is modafinil. Modafinil is regarded as the "Limitless pill" because of its ability to improve cognition.
These days, modafinil nootropics are used by entrepreneurs, students, athletes, scientists, shift workers, and others. It improves alertness, mental capacity, and focus, all of which help you be more productive. These brain boosting nootropics are especially beneficial for students as well as many professionals.
I take it for narcolepsy it just keeps me awake
Yeah I've had it - definitely keeps you awake and alert from what I remember
(edited 2 years ago)
Back in 1st year Uni me and my flatmates (mainly them who roped me into paying a share using my card) bought a bunch online. If I recall, it had no effect on me, and I noticed no changes- waste of my 1/4 share of £80 for the modest haul of it that we got.

I'm sure it works for some (especially dependent on their conditions) but for the average person, there's not much you can draw from it outside of drinking coffee, in my experience.

(One of my flatmates definitely got a boost from it though :lol: )
I have tried pharma grade Modafinil at 100mg and 200mg. At 100mg I feel nothing, at 200mg I do feel improvement in focus and it does keep me awake. But I find it to be overhyped, its effects are not as potent as its made out to be.
Its no way near as potent as Ritalin or Dexamphetamine for studies/focus.
(edited 4 months ago)

Latest