Resit a test even if i pass the course

Watch
Ethoirs
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello, I have failed a test this year that makes up 30% of my grade. I think I will still pass the course overall but I think the test I failed may ruin my grade. does anyone know if a university will let me resit it?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ethoirs)
Hello, I have failed a test this year that makes up 30% of my grade. I think I will still pass the course overall but I think the test I failed may ruin my grade. does anyone know if a university will let me resit it?
If you achieve a passing mark (40 or over), you won't get the opportunity to resit. If you get 39 or less, then you would be offered a capped resit, so your maximum mark can only be 40.

It might also depend on whether your course requires you to pass every assessment, or whether you just need a passing average mark for the module overall.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ethoirs)
i doubt it if you pass the course if your close to the grade boundary like 1-2% off they might might give a pass refer meaning you have your degree grade say a 3rd for instance (and that is guaranteed and safe) but if you do a resit and pass you'll be able to get a 2:2 of 2:1 first whatever the next grade up is I know for a fact that sometimes happens.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (24)
9.88%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (10)
4.12%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.17%
Finding the motivation (65)
26.75%
Getting distracted (45)
18.52%
Procrastination (81)
33.33%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.41%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
0.82%

Watched Threads