Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Yesterday I saw my ex hugging his new girlfriend in school, I cried for hours and didn’t even manage to pay attention to what was happening.
I was crying a lot and I went outside at break time for some fresh air and my friend was standing there asking me why I was crying, I kept saying I’m fine and walked away but he followed me nd didn’t leave my side for the rest of the day

Background info about both guys
Ex ( let’s call him daisy ) : we broke bcuz he said he was going to move very faraway to a different country and didn’t believe long distance would work for us, daisy said he didn’t want me getting too attached or hurt so he said “ it’s better to end this now “
He was very rude, dry texter, forced me to kiss him even when I said I didn’t want to and would always push me up against the wall knowing damn well that I’m not strong and can’t push him off of me.
Now he has a new girl so that means he’s not moving to a different country nd was just playing around w my feelings and lied to my face

My guy best friend ( call him Lilly) : i have known him since my first year of high school, and for all these years lilly has told me he likes me but I said no multiple times because I thought he was doing it out of pity. I thought he felt bad for me or was joking abt. He’s nice to everyone but with me he seems nicer yk
Like his eyes lighting up each we talk or him listening to me vent abt my ex to him, even though they hate each other, he just sits there beside me and listens
He makes me feel safe

Anyways, I regret falling for daisy cuz Lilly was always the one that I should have paid attention to instead
What do I do now tho, lily still has feelings for me but I don’t know what to say to him now that I like him too
And yes I was dumb to fall for daisy but he didn’t seem like that at the start, he showed this completely different side if him where he was kind and affectionate but he showed how he really acts

Any advice would be kindly appreciated
Sorry this post is quite long
Anholm
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yesterday I saw my ex hugging his new girlfriend in school, I cried for hours and didn’t even manage to pay attention to what was happening.
I was crying a lot and I went outside at break time for some fresh air and my friend was standing there asking me why I was crying, I kept saying I’m fine and walked away but he followed me nd didn’t leave my side for the rest of the day

Background info about both guys
Ex ( let’s call him daisy ) : we broke bcuz he said he was going to move very faraway to a different country and didn’t believe long distance would work for us, daisy said he didn’t want me getting too attached or hurt so he said “ it’s better to end this now “
He was very rude, dry texter, forced me to kiss him even when I said I didn’t want to and would always push me up against the wall knowing damn well that I’m not strong and can’t push him off of me.
Now he has a new girl so that means he’s not moving to a different country nd was just playing around w my feelings and lied to my face

My guy best friend ( call him Lilly) : i have known him since my first year of high school, and for all these years lilly has told me he likes me but I said no multiple times because I thought he was doing it out of pity. I thought he felt bad for me or was joking abt. He’s nice to everyone but with me he seems nicer yk
Like his eyes lighting up each we talk or him listening to me vent abt my ex to him, even though they hate each other, he just sits there beside me and listens
He makes me feel safe

Anyways, I regret falling for daisy cuz Lilly was always the one that I should have paid attention to instead
What do I do now tho, lily still has feelings for me but I don’t know what to say to him now that I like him too
And yes I was dumb to fall for daisy but he didn’t seem like that at the start, he showed this completely different side if him where he was kind and affectionate but he showed how he really acts

Any advice would be kindly appreciated
Sorry this post is quite long
Daisy sounds like an nasty person, why on earth are you upset about leaving him?
Lilly sounds like a good person especially since he listens to you but seems to not be very good at reading if someone wants to go out with them or not. I suggest you stop worrying about dating altogether and stay with friends that make you feel good.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anholm)
Daisy sounds like an nasty person, why on earth are you upset about leaving him?
Lilly sounds like a good person especially since he listens to you but seems to not be very good at reading if someone wants to go out with them or not. I suggest you stop worrying about dating altogether and stay with friends that make you feel good.
Hi sorry for the late response
At first daisy pretended to be this rlly nice guy but then at the end he showed how mean he actually is

It’s hard to get over someone, no matter how bad he treated me at the end of our relationship, he did make me happy sometimes and he was my first kiss which may sound stupid but I never grew up w anybody to show me any love or affection so even a hug from him made me happy

Lilly is a good person and treats me right but can be a bit pushy sometimes but we all have our faults ig
Thank you for ur advice x I decided to stay friends w lily and see how that goes and completely forget abt daisy
Hope u have good day
Anholm
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Hi sorry for the late response
At first daisy pretended to be this rlly nice guy but then at the end he showed how mean he actually is

It’s hard to get over someone, no matter how bad he treated me at the end of our relationship, he did make me happy sometimes and he was my first kiss which may sound stupid but I never grew up w anybody to show me any love or affection so even a hug from him made me happy

Lilly is a good person and treats me right but can be a bit pushy sometimes but we all have our faults ig
Thank you for ur advice x I decided to stay friends w lily and see how that goes and completely forget abt daisy
Hope u have good day
If I were to make a guess, it seems as though you do not miss daisy as a person but instead miss the social bond you had developed with someone, the feeling of belonging and attention that you shared possibly from a lack of affection from your family. Know that you can experience all of those things with a friend, maybe more so... I advise that you don't go looking for a relationship of that type, when the right person comes along, it will come naturally.
Don't let Lilly push you too hard to do anything. If you are uncomfortable, tell him - A good person will absolutely understand. But yes, stay friends with lily because nobody is perfect and his intentions seem good.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
the thing here I don't understand is why did you name them with female names I'm confused lol
Anholm
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
the thing here I don't understand is why did you name them with female names I'm confused
It's a bit odd but harmless. I'm rolling with it...
rosy_posy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
the thing here I don't understand is why did you name them with female names I'm confused lol
Same 😂
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hahaha sorry, those were the names that just randomly came to my mind first 😂
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
Hahaha sorry, those were the names that just randomly came to my mind first 😂
If you have to ask, then Lilly might not be right for you. Also, you don’t want to be acting on an impulse. Think about it for a few days. Lilly sounds like a fantastic guy who genuinely cares about you. You don’t want to ruin your friendship with him nor hurt his feelings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.61%
Okay (72)
29.51%
A bit lacking (91)
37.3%
Not good at all (60)
24.59%

Watched Threads