Has anyone heard from Cambridge or UCL interview/ offers for architecture 2022 yet?

Watch
miu :)
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone,
I cannot find a thread anywhere discussing offers for architecture in 2022 so I thought I would start one.

I have already had an interview for UCL on the 9/11 and they said it would take about 3 weeks to hear back from them so I wonder if anyone has received anything. I am dying to get an offer from UCL as I love their course.

For Cambridge,I am applying for St. John's College. I have the at-interview assessment on this Friday. However, I have absolutely no idea how to prepare. Since it is done online this year, i don't know what the topic for the drawing task is going to be. Does anyone have any idea?
As for the writing task, 30 mins is super short so I am quite nervous about it and I wonder if any past applicants can give me some advice on how to prepare or what to expect?

Thank you so much if you could provide some help and hopeful more architecture students can see this and engage since I pretty much feel alone❤️❤️

Update:
#1 I did receive my interview confirmation from Cambridge
#2 Got an UCL offer a few days ago!
Last edited by miu :); 4 weeks ago
normaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by miu :))
Hello everyone,
I cannot find a thread anywhere discussing offers for architecture in 2022 so I thought I would start one.
miu :) The architecture thread for this year's applicants is here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7125806

Try introducing yourself on that thread and repost your text.
Last edited by normaw; 1 month ago
emg72
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi! how did you find the admissions assessment?
jayydah
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hi i have my interview on for ucl on Monday im so scared, how did yours go?
Rep:
(Original post by emg72)
Hi! how did you find the admissions assessment
Both tasks are pretty straightforward and standard so don't worry about it too much. Try writing faster tho! I wrote a bit too slowly coz I haven't written essays under time pressure in a while. But other than that it is alright!
Rep:
(Original post by jayydah)
hi i have my interview on for ucl on Monday im so scared, how did yours go?
My interviewer is very nice and we had a small chat. Nothing to be scared of as it is super short and it ended in the blink of an eye! Be familiar with your own pieces and you will be absolutely fine.
emg72
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Both tasks are pretty straightforward and standard so don't worry about it too much. Try writing faster tho! I wrote a bit too slowly coz I haven't written essays under time pressure in a while. But other than that it is alright!
sorry I meant how did you think you did? I did mine as well on friday
MeliM
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
For applying to the MEng course does anyone know if you only submit 10 pieces or 10 images? On their website it says 'small portfolio of up to 10 images of your creative work' but I have more than one image for some of my pieces.

Hello everyone,

I have already had an interview for UCL on the 9/11 and they said it would take about 3 weeks to hear back from them so I wonder if anyone has received anything. I am dying to get an offer from UCL as I love their course.

For Cambridge,I am applying for St. John's College. I have the at-interview assessment on this Friday. However, I have absolutely no idea how to prepare. Since it is done online this year, i don't know what the topic for the drawing task is going to be. Does anyone have any idea?
As for the writing task, 30 mins is super short so I am quite nervous about it and I wonder if any past applicants can give me some advice on how to prepare or what to expect?

Thank you so much if you could provide some help and hopeful more architecture students can see this and engage since I pretty much feel alone❤️❤️

Update:
I did receive my interview confirmation from Cambridge
For applying to the MEng course does anyone know if you only submit 10 pieces or 10 images? On their website it says 'small portfolio of up to 10 images of your creative work' but I have more than one image for some of my pieces.
emg72
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MeliM)

I haven’t applied to any MEng courses but when submitting my other portfolios i’ve done 10 images, even if i’ve had more than 1 image for a piece
amandajmplatt
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello everyone,

Update:
I did receive my interview confirmation from Cambridge
hi i also applied to johns for architecture! ive got my interview on the 9th (:
MeliM
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emg72)
I haven’t applied to any MEng courses but when submitting my other portfolios i’ve done 10 images, even if i’ve had more than 1 image for a piece
Thank you!! would you happen to know whether it is possible to submit more than one image per page?
jayydah
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emg72)
hi i applied to the meng and did 10 pages of work
emg72
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MeliM)
Thank you!! would you happen to know whether it is possible to submit more than one image per page?
For places like Manchester, I only submitted 1 image per page because they specifically asked for that, but for unis like Sheffield and Cambridge I did multiple images per page, so if UCL don’t specify then do multiple images to show off as much as you can!
jayydah
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My interviewer is very nice and we had a small chat. Nothing to be scared of as it is super short and it ended in the blink of an eye! Be familiar with your own pieces and you will be absolutely fine.
yeah in the end it went well thank you!
MeliM
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emg72)
For places like Manchester, I only submitted 1 image per page because they specifically asked for that, but for unis like Sheffield and Cambridge I did multiple images per page, so if UCL don’t specify then do multiple images to show off as much as you can!
Thanks!!
aashleypng
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
For UCL - may I know what did you guys include in your portfolio that the interviewer especially liked?
I am planning on applying and I really love the course, but I don't take art in IB therefore I'm making my own portfolio in my free time
normaw
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aashleypng)
For UCL - may I know what did you guys include in your portfolio that the interviewer especially liked?
I am planning on applying and I really love the course, but I don't take art in IB therefore I'm making my own portfolio in my free time
I have posted some links to examples of portfolios on this thread:

aashleypng
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by normaw)
I have posted some links to examples of portfolios on this thread:

Oh yea, I did see that post - thank you for posting it!
May I know if these examples were all for UCL? And what range you say they are - eg average, above average, excellent etc?
normaw
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh yea, I did see that post - thank you for posting it!
May I know if these examples were all for UCL? And what range you say they are - eg average, above average, excellent etc?
I've think (but not certain) that they were for submission to UCL as they are all on the same platform (carbonmade). Sorry, but I don't have the expertise to judge how good they are.
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My interviewer liked my what I would consider as the most unusual / out of the box piece and I have shown the process of development on one page. Show them the process how you think or how you come up with the idea as they love that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (72)
22.09%
Note taking apps (6)
1.84%
Flashcards (68)
20.86%
Revision guides (18)
5.52%
Past papers (150)
46.01%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (12)
3.68%

Watched Threads