Molly1downes
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi everyone
I am currently studying A-Level (year 13) Politics, Economics and Geography, where I got A, A, B respectively in the year 12 summer exams

My dream uni course is international relations at LSE, UCL or KCL, where the grades I need range from A, A, A - A*, A*, A. However, I hit a wall this week where I realised I am either not working hard enough or am not good enough to apply to the universities that I really want.

So I guess my question is do you think I need to lower my expectations to universities with lower grade boundaries? Or should I just keep trying and work harder? (Also any advice for studying these subjects would be greatly appreciated)

Thanks!
Zilein
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
It's definitely possible. I got A C D in year 12 and turned it into A* A A in year 13. If you know you can work harder then it's just about motivating yourself to put your all into it. You can always include a backup plan in case you just miss out. Are you firmly set on universities based in London?
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Depends what your predcted grades are.
The usual advice for your 5 choices is :
1 'risky' choice - just above your predicted grades - one grade and not in a vital subject
2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
1 or 2 - below your predicted grade
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (1)
7.69%
Okay (5)
38.46%
A bit lacking (4)
30.77%
Not good at all (3)
23.08%

Watched Threads