Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I’m 18, she is 16. we are 2 years and 3 months apart. I will turn 19, 3 months before she turns 17. is it okay to date? morally, socially and Legally?
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m 18, she is 16. we are 2 years and 3 months apart. I will turn 19, 3 months before she turns 17. is it okay to date? morally, socially and Legally?
I mean it seems fine but countries like UK doesn’t allow it ..keep it secret ig
Anonymous #3
Report 5 days ago
As someone who’s been interested in dating men ten years older than me, I would say it’s ok. Your feelings don’t have age limits - it’s how you feel and to be honest you guys are quite close in age. In a couple of years time no one will blink an eye.

The fact that you’re 18 and she’s 16 does mean some will probably judge you. However, this girl is 16 and has reached the age of consent, I see no reason why you guys shouldn’t be together if you truly care for one another.

It is legal and as long as you have honourable intentions (actually have feelings for her and not manipulating or using her for sex) then I see no problem with it. I think you will have to be prepared for judgement socially but love is love, what can you do?

If people understand that you’re in a healthy relationship and continue to judge you then it’s only really their issue!
Anonymous #3
Report 5 days ago
It’s legal - age of consent is 16 in UK. In theory a 16 yo could date a 30 yo as long as that 30 yo isn’t in a position of authority over her (for example they cannot be your teacher from school, but could teach at another school).
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
Where did you get the misinformation from?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
If you are in the uk, it is fine to date a 16 year old- as long as the specific "Position of trust" provisions do not apply to you.
These apply to foster carers, healthcare professionals, police officers, social workers and teachers- in these situations the minimum legal age of consent is 18 instead of the usual 16.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Where did you get the misinformation from
Was this a lie then?
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
I feel like socially it would be weird as you’re probably in yr 13 going to uni and she’s in yr 11 going to yr 12, based off the ages you gave. And then when you’re in uni at 19 she would be in year 12. There’s nothing wrong with that but that’s kind of weird to be in uni dating a sixth former. Based off the education perspective as I don’t know if you’re going to uni
eternaldevotiion
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
legally its fine. morally it depends on how you both feel in the relationship, and same with socially it doesnt really matter unless both of you are happy in this relationship it shouldnt rlly be a problem since its legal in the uk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (136)
33.66%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.49%
No (109)
26.98%
I'm not sure (52)
12.87%

Watched Threads