Nephele667
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I am currently a student in year 11 in England and will finish my GCSEs (the equivalent for National 5) this June, however, my family and I are moving to Edinburgh straight away afterwards, where I am aiming to do my Highers.

The issue is that I don't know how to apply for schools. I looked on the Edinburgh government administration website and they only talk about P1 and S1, and I'm not sure if Highers are still part of Secondary education. Also for S1 administration, they require me to put in my address to know what catchment I will be part of but we are 7 months away from even looking at housing in Edinburgh so I'm a little lost at what should I do because I am afraid of applying late and not getting my desired subjects and making a bad impression.

Or should we apply directly to the schools and fill out application forms? This is the procedure in England but I have no idea if it's the same for Scotland. Kids usually apply for many schools at once and then choose from the ones that accepted them, but I'm unsure if its the same in Scotland or we can't say no to a school if they accepted us.

Pls reply asap, any and all info is appreciated, I'm kinda stressed lol, and thank you in advance
Last edited by Nephele667; 5 days ago
nathanbuch22
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Nephele667)
I am currently a student in year 11 in England and will finish my GCSEs (the equivalent for National 5) this June, however, my family and I are moving to Edinburgh straight away afterwards, where I am aiming to do my Highers.

The issue is that I don't know how to apply for schools. I looked on the Edinburgh government administration website and they only talk about P1 and S1, and I'm not sure if Highers are still part of Secondary education. Also for S1 administration, they require me to put in my address to know what catchment I will be part of but we are 7 months away from even looking at housing in Edinburgh so I'm a little lost at what should I do because I am afraid of applying late and not getting my desired subjects and making a bad impression.

Or should we apply directly to the schools and fill out application forms? This is the procedure in England but I have no idea if it's the same for Scotland. Kids usually apply for many schools at once and then choose from the ones that accepted them, but I'm unsure if its the same in Scotland or we can't say no to a school if they accepted us.

Pls reply asap, any and all info is appreciated, I'm kinda stressed lol, and thank you in advance
Highers are done in S5, which is equivalent to year 12, if that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (133)
33.67%
Yes - a trusted person (106)
26.84%
No (104)
26.33%
I'm not sure (52)
13.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise