Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone, i need some advice.

I am in my last year of college and have just sent off my application to UCAS.
However, i am applying for a uni in Liverpool when i live in Manchester. me and my boyfriend have discussed this and if i get accepted there is a chance ill be able to live with him in Liverpool.

But.. how the hell should i tell my parents, i don't want to upset them.
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Don't choose where to go based on where your boyfriend is going.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Don't choose where to go based on where your boyfriend is going.
of course i havent, that would be silly but it has reasonable entry requirements and has a combined psychology and criminology course. it would be easier living with him as its close. he does not attend uni and works full time.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
you will be missing out on the full university experience if you move in with your boyfriend and he is not going to uni. Its great that you have found someone you care for and want to move in with but why would your parents be upset if they found out you were moving in with them? Perhaps they would counsel you that such a serious commitment as 'moving in together' just as you embark on a new life as a uni student is not wise and you just don't want to hear that right now.

The person I was at 18 was very different from the person I became at 28. These next 10 years are your development years; when you discover yourself and what your values and beliefs are.
Nobody2u
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone, i need some advice.

I am in my last year of college and have just sent off my application to UCAS.
However, i am applying for a uni in Liverpool when i live in Manchester. me and my boyfriend have discussed this and if i get accepted there is a chance ill be able to live with him in Liverpool.

But.. how the hell should i tell my parents, i don't want to upset them.
If Liverpool is the Uni that you like the most then if you get a place fo there, but why do you have to move in with your boyfriend? Imo it would be better to move into halls so that you get the full uni experience but can see your bf easily. You get the best of both worlds. But if the worst happened and you broke up with him during your course you wouldn't have to find accommodation in a panic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (36)
9.81%
Okay (107)
29.16%
A bit lacking (135)
36.78%
Not good at all (89)
24.25%

Watched Threads