Yr2 Accommodation Problem. Please give advice

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I am planning on living with a group of 4 girls. 2 of them are my current Yr1 flatmates the other is a "friend" of one of my roommates let's call this roommate with the friend N.

She is making looking for accommodation really difficult. We want to get private accommodation as we all want an en-suite however N is making it so difficult.

N won't even walk 5 minutes to campus and takes a bus to 1 stop down which is 30 seconds from where she gets on therefore she wants the bus stop to be close and also for the accommodation to be close to the Uni which is difficult as all the private accommodation is in the City Centre which is a 15 minute bus journey to campus

She is set on this one accommodation but its too expensive for the rest of us (its £1000 too expensive), so its now come to the point where she has said that me and the two other girls can live without her but this is what is annoying me as the friend of hers we are living with she apparently doesn't even like and says she is really annoying etc and we don't even know her like I don't want to live with her friend without her living with us too.

What should I do??
GMDB
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
I wouldn't ever recommend signing for a property that is beyond your budget. Unless all bills are included, students go over budget in reality when living privately (bills for heating, water etc. are a lot more than you expect!).

If you are already thinking this property is over budget on rent alone I would be extremely reluctant about signing a contract to live there, money worries are the last thing you need at Uni. How would you pay for the extra expense? Once you've signed that contract you are legally committed to paying the rent no matter what.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I am planning on living with a group of 4 girls. 2 of them are my current Yr1 flatmates the other is a "friend" of one of my roommates let's call this roommate with the friend N.

She is making looking for accommodation really difficult. We want to get private accommodation as we all want an en-suite however N is making it so difficult.

N won't even walk 5 minutes to campus and takes a bus to 1 stop down which is 30 seconds from where she gets on therefore she wants the bus stop to be close and also for the accommodation to be close to the Uni which is difficult as all the private accommodation is in the City Centre which is a 15 minute bus journey to campus

She is set on this one accommodation but its too expensive for the rest of us (its £1000 too expensive), so its now come to the point where she has said that me and the two other girls can live without her but this is what is annoying me as the friend of hers we are living with she apparently doesn't even like and says she is really annoying etc and we don't even know her like I don't want to live with her friend without her living with us too.

What should I do??
Hi there,

This sounds like a very difficult situation but I'm sure it can be solved.

I agree with the previous reply don't feel pressured into spending more than you plan to especially if everyone else is also saying that is to expensive.

It's probably going to be difficult to come to a compromise with your friend if she doesn't want to walk so it sounds like maybe not living with her is the best option!

Have you spoken to N's friend because maybe she wouldn't feel comfortable living with you guys if N is not living with you?

I hope you guys are able to find a solution.

Jubilee - UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (24)
9.88%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (10)
4.12%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.17%
Finding the motivation (65)
26.75%
Getting distracted (45)
18.52%
Procrastination (81)
33.33%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.41%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
0.82%

Watched Threads