turkey

Watch this thread
Garry121
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
ive been Istanbul in turkey i really enjoyed it i would recommend it for any1 that enjoys going on holidays
savageking
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
thanks i will keep that in mind
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I was there again last week. Exchange rate is awesome for GBP and USD coz of the collapse of the TKL. Grand Bazaar is open and u can get good indirim from merchants.

Also Turkey is well organized compared with other countries in respect of the necessary evil of covid testing. All major airports have reasonably-priced testing onsite.

At IST it's open 24/7. I paid 250 TKLs for my PCR and they claimed it would be complete in 90mins. Actually the result came in just over 60mins. This means u don't need to invade ur holiday time to arrange covid tests before the airport u can actually rely on a fast and cheap airport test to get on ur way. AYT had the same set up as well.

UK is not xactly gr8 for this. Last time I needed PCR at BHX and it cost quite a lot more than 250 TKLs and it was a bad xp as well.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by candydiva)
UK is not xactly gr8 for this. Last time I needed PCR at BHX and it cost quite a lot more than 250 TKLs and it was a bad xp as well.
Hope you didn't get too much hassle at Birmingham.
It's almost always dreadful, along with the appalling Luton and Stanstead.
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Well BHX isn't awesome at the best of times but it was the covid probing that was specially objectionable.... the dude brainprobed me and rotated the swab for a full ten seconds in each nostril in spite of my grimaces of pain and me tearing up. He told me he needed to do it for 10 seconds each side... it was awful and btw it's nonsense coz I've had numerous PCRs in places from Lima to Cancun to Istanbul and this one was by far the most gratuitous and painful.
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Garry121)
ive been Istanbul in turkey i really enjoyed it i would recommend it for any1 that enjoys going on holidays
Fab. What did you enjoy and what kind of things did you do/see? How was the food?
Last edited by Kutie Karen; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
19.01%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.74%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.61%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (20)
16.53%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (31)
25.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
21.49%

Watched Threads