Cant go into school because of covid before gcse exam

Watch
vixurna
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So I have several positive lateral flow home tests for covid, so my school will not let me go in because they don’t want me to spread covid (assuming the lateral flow tests are correct)
But I took a pcr test and it’s negative, and according to advice I can go into school and ignore the positive lateral flow tests.. but my school will not let me go in because they don’t want an outbreak.
But I have a gcse English exam on Friday (a proper one) and I need to go into school to do it. And the exam board will just give me a 0 unless I have a doctors note to say that I can’t do the exam, which I can’t get due to my negative pcr covid test. I really have no idea what to do and the school won’t cooperate with me or my parents.. does anyone know what I could do? My exam board is ccea btw as I’m in Northern Ireland
aliaa03
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
im sorry, this must be really stressful

I don't really know about Ireland but in England if you test negative on a PCR test you don't have to isolate, could you check if the rules apply there too? Tell your school how important this is for you, and show them evidence of your negative PCR test. Also offer to take a lateral flow test the day of your exam before you go into school
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (34)
7.2%
October 2021 (214)
45.34%
November 2021 (52)
11.02%
December 2021 (62)
13.14%
January 2021 (54)
11.44%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.69%