What is right for me at university? a levels

Watch
nianssuh03
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi, i’m a year 12 student who studies maths, psychology and english language. I have no idea what i want to go into what is best for me pls help
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
Only you can decide what's best for you.
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
Start by reading this - How to Choose a Uni subject - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...-what-to-study

Then look down these lists of degree subjects at Sussex - https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/ - and read the descriptions of a wide range of courses, especially the ones that are not the same as the A level subjects you are doing, or you have never hard of. Many subjects have no specific A level subject requirements so lots of social science and humanities subjects are as possible for you as well as the more obvious subjects like Neuroscience, Psychology and Maths subjects.

And btw, going to Uni straight from school is not compulsory - if you need a gap year to think about things, then this is better than picking a course in a hurry and dropping out because it wasnt what you wanted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (2)
9.09%
Okay (6)
27.27%
A bit lacking (7)
31.82%
Not good at all (7)
31.82%

Watched Threads