Should I move back to the back rows during lectures?

Watch
SlugsRgreat
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm a freshman, I was looking forward to a fun life with new friends at parties or whatever. Frankly, I was scared as hell though, but I managed to make a few acquaintances, who could have even become my friends and party buddies. I decided to sit in the front during lectures though and all these people sit in the back. I have completely lost contact with them, especially because I don't have a phone for whatsapp right now. My dilemma now is whether or not to leave the front rows and return to the people I could have vibed with, because the front row has some pros: More focused people, less talking, more listening.

Do y'all have any opinions on this? I'm not asking for what to do, rather I look for advice and opinions on what you would do yourself in my position ^^
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
sit at the front. they probably dont like you, if they did, they'd either join you or ask you to join them. sstay safe tho xx
CAVET0WN
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SlugsRgreat)
I'm a freshman, I was looking forward to a fun life with new friends at parties or whatever. Frankly, I was scared as hell though, but I managed to make a few acquaintances, who could have even become my friends and party buddies. I decided to sit in the front during lectures though and all these people sit in the back. I have completely lost contact with them, especially because I don't have a phone for whatsapp right now. My dilemma now is whether or not to leave the front rows and return to the people I could have vibed with, because the front row has some pros: More focused people, less talking, more listening.

Do y'all have any opinions on this? I'm not asking for what to do, rather I look for advice and opinions on what you would do yourself in my position ^^
If this was me, I’d ask myself if I really want to become proper friends with these people, “Do we have a lot in common? Why do I want to friends be with them?” Like stuff like that. I think it’d also depend on how focused I am in my work, if I was struggling with work I’d sit at the front still so I could keep up but sit at the back if I know I wouldn’t struggle. I am a bit biased being a bit of a loner lol- I’d just to whatever makes me the most happiest!
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
You have chosen to sit at the front in order to concentrate on your studies. I think you have subconsciously made your choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.62%
Okay (106)
29.12%
A bit lacking (135)
37.09%
Not good at all (88)
24.18%

Watched Threads