123amelia
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hello!

currently looking at oxford medicine (applying next year) and I was wondering whether anyone had any suggestions for super curricular programmes/schemes/essay competitions/summer schools that I could do to further my interest? literally any opportunities would be amazing. any help would be appreciated!!
siddhikaj
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 123amelia)
hello!

currently looking at oxford medicine (applying next year) and I was wondering whether anyone had any suggestions for super curricular programmes/schemes/essay competitions/summer schools that I could do to further my interest? literally any opportunities would be amazing. any help would be appreciated!!
read medical books!! e.g., i read the knifes edge by professor stephen westaby and the guide to dealing with demetia by Dr.Keith souter.
i also listened to a podcast on spotify about the scientific side of dementia
i also did a young health champion course (but idk if your school offers it)
i also participated in rare disease day by royal holloway
i talked about all of these in my personal statement
you could also sign up to university webinars on medicine and read medical journals but i think the main thing is, you dont have to do everything, just do like 3-5 things that you can then talk and write in detail (what you liked, criticisms, reflection) about in ps and have convo about with the interviewer
123amelia
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
wow thank you that's really useful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.51%
Okay (113)
29.05%
A bit lacking (147)
37.79%
Not good at all (92)
23.65%

Watched Threads