Do Universities have safeguarding?

Watch
JVM2020
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Never was aware of safeguarding until I graduated from University.

I was just wondering if it is available in universities. I know that workplaces have them and wondered if here as I find Safeguarding a very crucial facility in all establishments.
Bristolbb
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm sure certain departments like student services and wellbeing have to be trained in safeguarding
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JVM2020)

I was just wondering if it is available in universities. I know that workplaces have them and wondered if here as I find Safeguarding a very crucial facility in all establishments.
i assumed workplaces didnt..?
JVM2020
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bristolbb)
I'm sure certain departments like student services and wellbeing have to be trained in safeguarding
You are answering my question there.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JVM2020)

Hi,

I think it would depend on what department of the university it is, but yes safeguarding is very much in place at university. Some university jobs require safeguarding training, especially working on outreach activities with smaller children.

Andrew
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Yes, it's not just 'some' jobs. We are all expected to abide by certain safeguarding practices.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i assumed workplaces didnt..?
They are pretty much obliged to. It is about protecting the health, mental health, wellbeing and human rights of vulnerable or at-risk persons with a view to preventing abuse, neglect, and discrimination.

It is of course more pronounced and more stringent with kids, but workplaces must also have these things in place - lots of vulnerable people are in the workforce, indeed people can become vulnerable whilst in work (deterioration of mental or physical health, substance misuse etc)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (24)
10.21%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (7)
2.98%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.38%
Finding the motivation (65)
27.66%
Getting distracted (43)
18.3%
Procrastination (79)
33.62%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.43%

Watched Threads