Ariele_
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello! I'm struggling at creative writing, I got 21/40 on my mock exam (Question 5, Paper 1, Language) Any tips or examples?
Amb/conf
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Most important thing, just completely fill it with techniques, metaphors, similes and personification etc. Never think you've put too much in. For every adjective, describe it with a simile, for every setting describe it with adjectives, better to have 3 and better if they are alliteration, for every begging, a rhetorical question, for every object, describe it with personification.
jakeyg1234
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
if you're gonna do a level english, this is terrible advice. but if you wanna drop it, try doing this. i got a 7 for language.

basically, i 'pre-planned' these really detailed paragraphs of various moods. these would be like level 8/9 grade. then i would memorise it.

when i did the exam, i implemented the paragraphs into my essay. therefore, i had a couple of really good level 8/9 paragraphs, but really trash level 5/6 grade paragraphs as well, which gave me a 7.

since we don't really know the upcoming question for english language, it's good to pre-plan some 'moods' or 'emotions' for a setting if your vocabulary sucks (like mine) and you have no creativity.

here are the different moods i took the time to write:
- happy
- sad
- angry
- calm
- mysterious
- tense
- cold (as in weather)
- hot (as in weather)
- standard (nothing interesting is happening)

ik it may seem like a lot of memorising, but if you have no creativity like me, try this. you don't even have to memorise the entire paragraph word by word, but try to memorise the key words. plus, you had 2 years so....

this is also the same strategy i used for english literature btw. i pre-planned different descriptions of the characters of the book we were reading, which got me an 8.

good luck, and remember it's only a couple of months till you can relax

: D
tinyperson
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Make notes
Ariele_
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Thank you, I seem to focus too much on the plot and forget about adding techniques.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.15%
Okay (42)
29.58%
A bit lacking (50)
35.21%
Not good at all (37)
26.06%

Watched Threads