The Student Room Group

Is this bad please reply !

My mate didn’t ask how I was when I took a year out of school Bcos of depression. she never bothered to see me or message me or anything. She’s going thru really bad breakup rn and I’m finding it so hard to be sympathetic and be there for her when she was never there for me, I genuinely couldn’t care less Bcos she didn’t care about me , is this bad ???
What you are describing doesn't sound anything like a friendship.
Looks like the days of being genuine friends ended long ago and the two of you are now "mates" in name alone.
lol
I would say you need to try and speak to her honestly. Explain how you felt about her lack of support when you were going through a difficult time and ask her why she wasn't there for you. Maybe she just didn't know how to help at the time and whilst this isn't an excuse it may be that she's sorry now and there's a way you can work through this together. At least if you talk to her you will get an idea of her perspective and be able to decide whether you want your friendship to continue.
If you do feel that you don't want to be there for her right now fair enough, but at least tell her why.
Hope it all goes well for you
Original post by Anonymous
My mate didn’t ask how I was when I took a year out of school Bcos of depression. she never bothered to see me or message me or anything. She’s going thru really bad breakup rn and I’m finding it so hard to be sympathetic and be there for her when she was never there for me, I genuinely couldn’t care less Bcos she didn’t care about me , is this bad ???

What were you depressed about when you took a year out of school?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending