Should I block this guy?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I made a mistake of talking to a guy who only stared or watched me creepily for months. We exchanged phone numbers and Facebook so I messaged him on his number in half an hour, giving him mine.
He read the message but didn't reply until late evening saying nice to see you too and see you around.

I didn't message him after that because I felt I would bother him. 2 days ago, he was at college and my friend told me that when he saw me, he looked really surprised to see me. I felt bad that he didn't message so didn't bother.
Then next day, my number expired so I switched to a new Sim. I thought I wouldn't message him but decided to do it because I didn't want to leave him in the dark. I did tell him that this is my new one and also added that if he's free anytime he can let me know.

He didn't reply and doesn't message. So I don't know what he wants. Should I just block him because he's still some random guy who doesn't even talk and is just being creepy with all his staring and looking around. He searched me on google and he appeared on my searchers list on various platforms.

I don't get him. He is so weird. He doesn't seem like he has many friends, barely talks to anyone and is always so standoffish and aloof. He seems like a covert narcissist. But maybe I'm just being judgemental.

What do you think I should do? I made all my efforts and now I give up
Anonymous #1
Need response
ciaralb
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
As soon as I read the first line - yes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ciaralb)
As soon as I read the first line - yes.
Wyy
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
He doesn't seem to be interacting with you, so I'm not sure what impact blocking him would have.
ciaralb
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Wyy
If he’s “watching and stalking you creepily” (which by the way, is creepy on its own), you shouldn’t feel like you need to talk to him. If blocking him makes you feel more comfortable, regardless of how often you speak to each other now, you should do it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Admit-One)
He doesn't seem to be interacting with you, so I'm not sure what impact blocking him would have.
Yeah so why keep a random on contacts ?? That's why I'm asking
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ciaralb)
If he’s “watching and stalking you creepily” (which by the way, is creepy on its own), you shouldn’t feel like you need to talk to him. If blocking him makes you feel more comfortable, regardless of how often you speak to each other now, you should do it.
Yeah I feel like keeping a random creep is worse than blocking . He may feel bad but he's clearly playing games and I dont want to be a part of it
bendan88
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
He searched me on google and he appeared on my searchers list on various platforms.

He seems like a covert narcissist. But maybe I'm just being judgemental.
Maybe I'm being a bit thick but how do you know if someone has searched you on Google?

I think you're maybe overthinking things about this guy, but if he makes you uncomfortable then I'd either say that to him or just block him and forget about him.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I was in the same position last year. he was always weirdly staring at me. we kept on texting never talked in real life lol and would sometimes ghost me until late at night he would text back. then I decided to only text him in the morning and just avoid him. so you can block him or ignore him completely online until he approaches you in college.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bendan88)
Maybe I'm being a bit thick but how do you know if someone has searched you on Google?

I think you're maybe overthinking things about this guy, but if he makes you uncomfortable then I'd either say that to him or just block him and forget about him.
I receive notifications when someone views my researchgate page
Funtimes01_
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
He sounds like either a creep, or he's so socially inept or awkward that he likes you and can't talk to you. I think you should tell him, if you like me say it, or if you're being a creep get lost. Blocking sometimes does nothing. You need to verbally tell him to get lost if you're not happy
bendan88
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Fair enough, though all it really shows is that he's interested in you on some level.

Like I said though, I think you should either have an open and honest conversation with him or just move on.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Funtimes01_)
He sounds like either a creep, or he's so socially inept or awkward that he likes you and can't talk to you. I think you should tell him, if you like me say it, or if you're being a creep get lost. Blocking sometimes does nothing. You need to verbally tell him to get lost if you're not happy
I spoke to him as normally as I could. He was literally panicking at first lol
bendan88
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Funtimes01_)
He sounds like either a creep, or he's so socially inept or awkward that he likes you and can't talk to you.
Most girls seem to see this as one and the same thing.
Htx_x346
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
i didn't bother reading all of that but if you're thinking '...should I block?', BLOCK. They're not worth your time or energy. You've got better things to do. Don't bother with people who disrespect you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
9.52%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
2.04%
Finding the time to revise (9)
6.12%
Finding the motivation (43)
29.25%
Getting distracted (22)
14.97%
Procrastination (55)
37.41%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.68%

Watched Threads