The Student Room Group

He doesn't remember his number?

A guy who was writing his number on my phone looked like he was struggling to remember his number. While typing, he was looking like he was trying to remember.
How is this possible?
easy I dont remember mine without having to look at it
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
A guy who was writing his number on my phone looked like he was struggling to remember his number. While typing, he was looking like he was trying to remember.
How is this possible?

could be a new number?
I couldn't tell you what my mobile number is (though I know how to find it, and I know it when I see it). Landline not an issue.
- new number
- dyslexia / dyscalculia / learning difficulties in that sort of memory (mine affect my processing speed so it took me quite a while to learn mine)
- short term memory
Reply 5
Original post by Chronoscope
- new number
- dyslexia / dyscalculia / learning difficulties in that sort of memory (mine affect my processing speed so it took me quite a while to learn mine)
- short term memory

Original post by skylark2
I couldn't tell you what my mobile number is (though I know how to find it, and I know it when I see it). Landline not an issue.

Original post by hinwit
could be a new number?

Original post by DD Lonely
easy I dont remember mine without having to look at it

His number is 5 years old

My number is 7 years old, still don't bother remembering it. Just saved it as a note.

How do you know?

If you already had a discussion about exactly how long he's had this number he struggles to remember, why are you asking us to guess how it went?
nerves, or his mind just went blank??
Quite easily possible, I only just started remembering my phone number recently, still don't remember all of my bank numbers off the top of my head, save room for important things.
Reply 10
i don't remember mine either and i've had it for years
He could have several phone numbers, be hungover, feeling very nervous, have got a new number or have long term problems connected with dyscalculia/medium to long term memory issues.

why are you making an issue out of it have you got nothing better to do
I think my number is 10-15 years old. I haven’t got a clue what it is and have to look at my own contact details to give it out.
Reply 14
I've had the same number since 2009 and I have only very recently learnt it.

If I've had a bev, no chance of me getting it right
I only learnt my number after having to put it down dozens of times for job applications - at that point, I’d already had it for more than half a decade. Really not that big of a deal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending