Is it possible to never be fully over someone?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Me and my ex boyfriend broke up 3 years ago. We no longer talk and we both are in relationships now. Then about a month ago he messaged me saying that he missed me and he often thought about me. He respected that we are now both in relationships and said that he wouldn’t want to leave his gf but he does miss me and he understood i don’t want to leave my bf. Is he still not over me?
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
Perhaps he doesn't like the fact that you have moved on to someone else? Something is definitely amiss if he comes back to you after three years.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
Sometimes people regret their past mistakes and the social relationships that they ruined.
But know that there is nothing that they can do except acknowledge the truth, learn from their past mistakes and move forward with their lives.
Some get in contact with people from their past who they were once close with to apologise hoping to get closure or ask for another chance.

Some people may have selfish agendas or unpleasant motives.
Such as seeking to force their way back in to the lives of people they once knew who want nothing to do with them.
Some former friends who fought with me years ago and behaved very badly then or ended the friendship after giving me ultimatums have contacted me years later to express their regrets about their past choices.
Most of them knowing full well that my response was not going to be a positive one.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Perhaps he doesn't like the fact that you have moved on to someone else? Something is definitely amiss if he comes back to you after three years.
I don’t think it’s that as I’ve been with my boyfriend for quite a while. I know, he even said that he wanted to travel all the way to where I live just to see me, and I live about 150 miles away
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t think it’s that as I’ve been with my boyfriend for quite a while. I know, he even said that he wanted to travel all the way to where I live just to see me, and I live about 150 miles away
If he misses you a lot and you feel the same way about him, open relationships are also an option? But it should be discussed with your partners. I strongly advise y'all not to do anything behind their backs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (136)
33.66%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.49%
No (109)
26.98%
I'm not sure (52)
12.87%

Watched Threads