lowkey_s26
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Are there guys out there who pray 5 times a day (including waking up for fajr), (and follow the other pillars) dont listen to music/dont watch films, and don’t shave their beard?? They’re very basic things but I feel like these days there’s not many guys like this due to witnessing things where I’m from and I’m wondering whether I’m going to find someone like this in the future
0ptics
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lowkey_s26)
Are there guys out there who pray 5 times a day (including waking up for fajr), (and follow the other pillars) dont listen to music/dont watch films, and don’t shave their beard?? They’re very basic things but I feel like these days there’s not many guys like this due to witnessing things where I’m from and I’m wondering whether I’m going to find someone like this in the future
Given the fact that Islam has 1.9B followers (and this was taken in 2020), it’s statistically plausible to conclude that there are people around you who fit your criteria. Even if it doesn’t seem like it at the moment, there will be someone out there.

Yes, I know that the 1.9B followers are unevenly spaced around the globe but that doesn’t suggest that there will be a scarce amount of muslims around you. There are plentiful of them out there, just keep on looking.
lowkey_s26
Rep:
(Original post by 0ptics)
Given the fact that Islam has 1.9B followers (and this was taken in 2020), it’s statistically plausible to conclude that there are people around you who fit your criteria. Even if it doesn’t seem like it at the moment, there will be someone out there.

Yes, I know that the 1.9B followers are unevenly spaced around the globe but that doesn’t suggest that there will be a scarce amount of muslims around you. There are plentiful of them out there, just keep on looking.
Thank you
lowkey_s26
Rep:
(Original post by The Weeknd.)
no one can predict the future
True, thanks
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Definitely inshaaAllah. The part w no music, 5 prayers (even in jama'ah) and growing the beard u can defo find but the no movies will be slightly harder but defo possible. I've seen many ulema that r part of different madaaris in the UK that watch shows and movies + footie
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Muhammad Razak)
Definitely inshaaAllah. The part w no music, 5 prayers (even in jama'ah) and growing the beard u can defo find but the no movies will be slightly harder but defo possible. I've seen many ulema that r part of different madaaris in the UK that watch shows and movies + footie
Not saying it's right and defo is haram bc of women w no hijab and that but it's kind of built into society. Acc now that I think about it social media too. U see women w/o hijab all the time. Ig just gotta stay away from those posts. Movies r haram for more reasons but I listed 1
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Yes.
Plenty of very strict religious traditionalists with beards and fundamentalists.
Most of them tend to live in majority islamic countries like KSA, Iran, UAE, Egypt, Indonesia, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Brunei.
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If you're looking for 1 I have some tips. Want them?
ah6100tsr
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 0ptics)

Why did I think of Instagram followers, I'm disappointed in myself.
ah6100tsr
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Beards will look messy if you don't trim it. Music can made by banging a wall and singing, I don't see much wrong in that. Films are halal. I'm guessing you think music and films have an element of sex, which is fair, but there are films that are appropriate for people with a backwards mindset. Most kids literally watch films in school. Your only requirement that I think is perfectly justified is not missing Salah.

If you're looking for love, this ain't it. This is like something a parent wants from their future son-in-law.
Last edited by ah6100tsr; 1 week ago
Cıllıan
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I know many like this, including myself.
You just have to surround yourself with the right people and they'll come eventually. I'd say I know 50+ people who meet this criteria
Cıllıan
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ah6100tsr)
Beards will look messy if you don't trim it. Music can made by banging a wall and singing, I don't see much wrong in that. Films are halal. I'm guessing you think music and films have an element of sex, which is fair, but there are films that are appropriate for people with a backwards mindset. Most kids literally watch films in school. Your only requirement that I think is perfectly justified is not missing Salah.

If you're looking for love, this ain't it. This is like something a parent wants from their future son-in-law.
Are you Muslim?
"Most kids watch films in school" lmao. I'd think that they're talking about adults who waste time watching movies, which is what makes it harām.
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cıllıan)
You just have to surround yourself with the right people and they'll come eventually. I'd say I know 50+ people who meet this criteria
That don't watch movies?
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Are you Muslim?
"Most kids watch films in school" lmao. I'd think that they're talking about adults who waste time watching movies, which is what makes it harām.
In general watching movies at all is haram
ah6100tsr
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Are you Muslim?
Yeah. I didn't know wasting time was haram?
Cıllıan
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
That don't watch movies?
Idk about the movies part, but if we're including watching any movies at all as a criteria then the number would be less
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Idk about the movies part, but if we're including watching any movies at all as a criteria then the number would be less
Yh I think OP meant that since movies r haram in general.
lowkey_s26
Rep:
If you're looking for 1 I have some tips. Want them?
Thank you for your reply. Yeah sure I’d like to get some tips
lowkey_s26
Rep:
That’s really good to know. Thanks for your reply.
lowkey_s26
Rep:
Are you Muslim?
Exactly. There’s so much filth in films these days which some of us don’t realise unfortunately because we’re so used to seeing/hearing certain things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (16)
8.84%
Okay (55)
30.39%
A bit lacking (62)
34.25%
Not good at all (48)
26.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed