The Student Room Group

Appropriate for personal statement?

Silly question but is it appropriate to mention COVID-19 in the PS in the sense that "due to covid 19 i did so and so instead/in my free time". ofc not same wording but
Yeah I'm sure that would look great :smile: Just explaining how you coped and made use of the new situation can show how adaptable you are as a person!
Yup, thats fine. Lots of people sensibly used lockdown/ home-learning etc for all sorts of 'extra' stuff they might not have done otherwise.
Don't use covid as a excuse for not doing anything, but 'because of covid I was able to....' is perfectly okay.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Yup, thats fine. Lots of people sensibly used lockdown/ home-learning etc for all sorts of 'extra' stuff they might not have done otherwise.
Don't use covid as a excuse for not doing anything, but 'because of covid I was able to....' is perfectly okay.

Ah thank you! I assume then saying something like 'I didnt let lockdown stop me from doing so and so' is okay too haha.
Original post by jray204
Ah thank you! I assume then saying something like 'I didnt let lockdown stop me from doing so and so' is okay too haha.

Certainly, something along the lines of “making positive use of my time under COVID I…” is a good opener for your activities.

Quick Reply

Latest