Unhappy with first A level report grades

Watch
ma15
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I’ve recently received my first set of expected grades , where I received BBC predicted , which I’m not particularly happy about , as I’ve been working quite hard recently (but I know that it won’t pay off imminently ) . I was wondering whether anyone achieved A’s and A*s despite initial grades being much lower / report grades
AliceKS
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
anything is possible if you want it enough! I have seen friends go from Ds to As so I'm sure you can too
Funtimes01_
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
BBC are still good A level grades. An E is a pass at A level and anything grade C and above is considered good
Funtimes01_
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Funtimes01_)
BBC are still good A level grades. An E is a pass at A level and anything grade C and above is considered good
I was predicted BBC, CCB at A level at sixth form (I did 4 years, got 6 A levels), and I managed to get A*,B,B,A,A,A by the time I sat the final exams in my second and fourth years, so anything is possible if you work hard!
ma15
Rep:
(Original post by AliceKS)
anything is possible if you want it enough! I have seen friends go from Ds to As so I'm sure you can too
Thankyou so much for your kind words !
ma15
Rep:
Thankyou so much !
ma15
Rep:
I was predicted BBC, CCB at A level at sixth form (I did 4 years, got 6 A levels), and I managed to get A*,B,B,A,A,A by the time I sat the final exams in my second and fourth years, so anything is possible if you work hard!
Wow , that’s amazing . Thankyou once again for your response , I more than appreciate it !
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
As other people have said, the grades you are currently working at are not at all bad. However, if you did want them a bit higher, you’ve plenty of time, and it is entirely possible, as long as you are willing to put in the effort!
ma15
Rep:
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
As other people have said, the grades you are currently working at are not at all bad. However, if you did want them a bit higher, you’ve plenty of time, and it is entirely possible, as long as you are willing to put in the effort!
Thankyou so much! I definitely will try my hardest , and aim to do my very best !
Squiggles1238
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ma15)
Thankyou so much! I definitely will try my hardest , and aim to do my very best !
Great to hear! Thats all you can do at the end of the day!
We’ve been though a hard time academically the past few years so dont go too hard on yourself!
ma15
Rep:
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
Great to hear! Thats all you can do at the end of the day!
We’ve been though a hard time academically the past few years so dont go too hard on yourself!
Yes , that’s so true ! Also , I wish you the best of luck for wherever you may be on your educational path
Squiggles1238
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ma15)
Yes , that’s so true ! Also , I wish you the best of luck for wherever you may be on your educational path
Thank you! And to you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (1)
5.56%
Okay (5)
27.78%
A bit lacking (6)
33.33%
Not good at all (6)
33.33%

Watched Threads