zman1892
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was wondering if my ib subjects were good for a career in business particualy finance or engineering

HL physics, economics, global politics
SL maths AA, eng lang lit, spanish ab
please let me know
alma_beu
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
For finance or engineering you’ll likely be asked to have maths as an HL e.g. HL AA for engineering HL AI for finance. Taking HL AA kind of leaves doors open.

I think your subjects look great for a pure business degree but it’s likely that schools would prefer you to have HL maths.
booklover1313
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zman1892)
I was wondering if my ib subjects were good for a career in business particualy finance or engineering

please let me know
I agree with alma_beu, for Maths HL is a good idea. I would switch it with global politics.
zman1892
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by booklover1313)
I agree with alma_beu, for Maths HL is a good idea. I would switch it with global politics.
The thing is I cannot take HL AA maths as I did not pass the exam my school has to see if we can take math HL, so I think engineering is out of the table for me
booklover1313
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
The thing is I cannot take HL AA maths as I did not pass the exam my school has to see if we can take math HL, so I think engineering is out of the table for me
It sounds like it... is there any way you could revise and re-sit that test? Unfortunately, without HL maths, your options for engineering or finance will be very limited (if at all existent)
elvees_trees
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 days ago

please let me know
I don't think engineering is possible without HL maths (at least everyone else applying for engineering courses will have taken HL maths). I would check on university websites because some are happy as long as you do AA at maths SL. Your choices seem more suitable for a business management BA degree. I would recommend doing this and then doing maybe a Masters in finance if that is still what you want to pursue.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.71%
Okay (70)
29.05%
A bit lacking (90)
37.34%
Not good at all (60)
24.9%

Watched Threads