Wazza are
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I’m currently in my last year of sixth form. I do Maths, Economics, Psychology. My predicated grades will be AAA. The problem is I really have no idea what I want to do in my life. Out of all the a levels I do the most I enjoy is Psychology but what also heavily motivates me is money. And I feel like the money isn’t there for psychology. I’ve been told to do something I enjoy at uni or else I dread uni. I just really don’t know what to do ☹️🤷*♂️
RandomE
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
Do something you enjoy fs but it does help if that something is going to contribute to the job pathway you want to go down. Psychology is a very competitive field, the amount of people that do the degree then end up with a totally unrelated job is pretty eye opening.
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
I agree with above commenter. Furthermore, you shouldnt go into a certain profession only for the pay. You need to find a job that speaks to you, and you believe you will be truly happy with. At the end of the day, its better to work towards a career that maybe doesnt pay as much but will make you happy, than a career which pays a lot but might not be what you truly want to do in life
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
Prospects is a really good careers site with a careers quiz and hundres of detailed job descriptions : https://www.prospects.ac.uk/
Also read this TSR article about choosing a University subject - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...-what-to-study
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (2)
8.7%
Okay (6)
26.09%
A bit lacking (7)
30.43%
Not good at all (8)
34.78%

Watched Threads