are y11 mocks really important this year

Watch
akishab
Badges: 4
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
im in my mock fortnight atm and im wondering if these have a chance of getting used as proof like last year. ive been rlly out of it this year and ive done little to no revision and the tests seem to be extra hard for some reason my year 10 mocks went great imo but i know for a fact my grades this mock wont be as good so im wondering if this will affect me in summer???
fluous
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
At this point, it's pretty likely that exams are going ahead but there's a slim chance they'll be cancelled again and mocks may well be used as proof if that's the case. It also depends on what your school will use as proof if they do end up cancelling them, since many schools do the grading differently. I recommend you prepare for mocks anyway (probably not to the same scale as the actual summer exams), and learn from them so you know what you need to work on for the gcses..Submit reply
akishab
Badges: 4
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by fluous)
At this point, it's pretty likely that exams are going ahead but there's a slim chance they'll be cancelled again and mocks may well be used as proof if that's the case. It also depends on what your school will use as proof if they do end up cancelling them, since many schools do the grading differently. I recommend you prepare for mocks anyway (probably not to the same scale as the actual summer exams), and learn from them so you know what you need to work on for the gcses..Submit reply
thing is ive already done 4 of my mocks and i havent even touched my revision resources😭😭 im honestly just terrified that my bad grades this mock will haunt me or something but thank u sm!!
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hello!
As said above, it is very likely exams will go ahead but if they dont, the mocks will very likely be used as evidence
Aside from that, mocks are an excellent way of seeing where you are currently at and what you need to improve on
But at the end of the day, they are not the be all and end all, and if the exams go ahead with they most certainly will, then thats when you need to put in all your dedication
fluous
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by akishab)
thing is ive already done 4 of my mocks and i havent even touched my revision resources😭😭 im honestly just terrified that my bad grades this mock will haunt me or something but thank u sm!!
Good luck for the rest of your mocks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.15%
Okay (42)
29.58%
A bit lacking (50)
35.21%
Not good at all (37)
26.06%

Watched Threads