The Student Room Group

is it easier to pass higher or foundation at GCSE in your opinion?

I think higher as it requires less marks to pass, but foundation content is easier but then you need a lot of marks
Well, I did higher....
Reply 2
Original post by summerbirdreads
Well, I did higher....

for everything?
I barely passed foundation
Original post by Anon346775
for everything?

Yeah
Reply 5
It depends on the person. They're designed that, on average, the difficulty is the same but some people might find it easier with a paper they find more accessible (Foundation) and others might have erratic abilities that make Higher worth a go.

(Only Maths, Sciences and MFL have tiers.)
Reply 6
Original post by EOData
It depends on the person. They're designed that, on average, the difficulty is the same but some people might find it easier with a paper they find more accessible (Foundation) and others might have erratic abilities that make Higher worth a go.

what about geography?
Reply 7
Original post by EOData

I did higher but I think it depends on the questions, at least in maths. I feel like i would fail certain higher papers because of the questions and might have been better off doing foundation, but I am confident with grade 8/9 topics in class and when it comes to applying it in context (in an exam) thats when it gets hard. Even the old gcse, application questions are hard for me. General grade 3 questions are hard for me as well as application in foundation papers, I am good with factual harder topics but not application.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Anon346775
what about geography?

No tiers. everyone takes the same paper.

Quick Reply

Latest