is it easier to pass higher or foundation at GCSE in your opinion?

Watch
Anon346775
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I think higher as it requires less marks to pass, but foundation content is easier but then you need a lot of marks
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
Well, I did higher....
Anon346775
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Well, I did higher....
for everything?
tinyperson
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
I barely passed foundation
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
for everything?
Yeah
EOData
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
It depends on the person. They're designed that, on average, the difficulty is the same but some people might find it easier with a paper they find more accessible (Foundation) and others might have erratic abilities that make Higher worth a go.

(Only Maths, Sciences and MFL have tiers.)
Anon346775
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by EOData)
It depends on the person. They're designed that, on average, the difficulty is the same but some people might find it easier with a paper they find more accessible (Foundation) and others might have erratic abilities that make Higher worth a go.

what about geography?
Anon346775
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by EOData)

I did higher but I think it depends on the questions, at least in maths. I feel like i would fail certain higher papers because of the questions and might have been better off doing foundation, but I am confident with grade 8/9 topics in class and when it comes to applying it in context (in an exam) thats when it gets hard. Even the old gcse, application questions are hard for me. General grade 3 questions are hard for me as well as application in foundation papers, I am good with factual harder topics but not application.
Last edited by Anon346775; 5 days ago
EOData
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
what about geography?
No tiers. everyone takes the same paper.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (12)
8.76%
Okay (40)
29.2%
A bit lacking (48)
35.04%
Not good at all (37)
27.01%

Watched Threads