The Student Room Group

How competitive am I?

I'm looking to study science in the future and was wondering how competitive I would be with just the following (excluding grades)

Latin and French
But only one humanity: RE
Triple science
Maths (looking to do further maths)
English lit and language
And business

Also, some additional things are:
-bronze duk of Edinburgh
-silver Duke of Edinburgh
-STEM club
-netball club
-(ex) cross-country (a year or so ago)
-creative writing group
-hockey (for five years but stopped a few years ago)

Assume predicted grades are around 6+
depending on what science course you want to apply to usually they ask for good grades in the sciences, math and english. usually like at a 6/7. its good that your in stem club because it shows intrest in science outside of the curriculum and sport is good to show that you have other hobbies outside of science. I would say its pretty competivie but make sure to keep track of all your achievments so that when you write your personal statment you dont forget everything! i finished mine a while ago and it was hard to remeber all the things i did at GCSE!
Original post by Spelunker
depending on what science course you want to apply to usually they ask for good grades in the sciences, math and english. usually like at a 6/7. its good that your in stem club because it shows intrest in science outside of the curriculum and sport is good to show that you have other hobbies outside of science. I would say its pretty competivie but make sure to keep track of all your achievments so that when you write your personal statment you dont forget everything! i finished mine a while ago and it was hard to remeber all the things i did at GCSE!

Do you think I'm lacking in a humanity? I'm doing Re, but nothing more. Will doing two languages and further maths help me in the place of that? What type of courses do you recommend to make up for this inadequacy? I'm auditing an essay writing course to fill up the gaps, and looking to take perhaps 4 A-levels. How big of a deal is only having one humanity?

Quick Reply

Latest