aimees117
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Does anyone know how it all works? I got all my offers 9 days after applying😅
I applied for business management at Sussex, UEA, Uni of Cardiff, international business at Sussex and then sustainable fashion @ leeds !

I’m just in shock of how quick it was
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
It doesn’t really matter when you get your offer, as long as you get offers then it’s fine
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
It doesn't really mean anything beyond the fact that the admissions tutors for all the courses were on top of their work. Don't overthink it, and congrats!
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Well it’s obviously not a bad thing.
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by aimees117)
I applied for business management at Sussex, UEA, Uni of Cardiff, international business at Sussex and then sustainable fashion @ leeds !

It varies depending on university and how competitive the course is. If the course isnt likely to fill and you meet the entry standards you are likely to get offers quickly. If the course is vry competitive universities will take longer. Some universities take longer than others.
University of East Anglia PG Student Rep: Lia
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 days ago

Hi aimees117,

Wow that's amazing, all 5 offers back so quickly, congratulations!

If you have any questions about UEA please don't hesitate to ask. I've been at UEA for 4 years now and I love it!

Lia
MSc Marketing and Management
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
It doesn't mean they want you anymore than anyone else.
They are making hundreds of offers daily, so don't flatter yourself.
R_A07
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
is this even a q like really ofc it is u dont wanna be waiting -thats the hard part
aimees117
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by R_A07)
is this even a q like really ofc it is u dont wanna be waiting -thats the hard part
the question i was asking is does anyone know how the system works as I was interested GOSH
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
the question i was asking is does anyone know how the system works as I was interested GOSH
You make an application via ucas who then forward your application to each university.

Each university considers your application then advises ucas whether they wish to make you an offer or reject youand ucas update track. In due course you need to make a decision which offer you want to accept and another university as an insurance. Provided you meet the terms of the offer you get into your first choice university. If you do not get accepted by your firm university then your insurance university considers you. If both reject you you get entered into clearing.

Every university will have different policies over who they accept and reject and deal with applications at different rates. There isnt a standard time for making decisions. Many courses dont get filled. If that is the case they tend to make decisions quickly and those that meet or are close to the grades are offered places. Those that clearly dont meet the offers get rejected. Many who get rejected do not meet a GCSE requirement or dont have an essential subject.

There are some universities and subjects where the number of people applying exceed the spaces available. In these cases there is sometimes a considerable delay as they decide who are the better applicants to make offers to.

Universities who make offers to you invite you to visit or applicant days early in the New Year. Universities use this to sell their university and course to you and it gives you more information to help you decide where to go. Dont accept any offer until after you have visited.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed