The Student Room Group

Reserve list MOJ

Hi AllI have been put on the reserve list for 12 months at t MOJ and i need help . What does it mean ? Will i be offered a job if a similar position arises? Or will i have to apy again and go through them entire process?
Original post by Komal15
Hi AllI have been put on the reserve list for 12 months at t MOJ and i need help . What does it mean ? Will i be offered a job if a similar position arises? Or will i have to apy again and go through them entire process?

The reserve list means that you've passed the interview (or assessment center depending on the job) but they don't have a job for you at the moment (it could be down to no vacancies in your preferred location or not scoring high enough for the job but still passing the interview). You'll have to continue applying for other vacancies if you see any jobs advertised that you like.

I would advise continuing to apply for jobs throughout the Civil Service rather than rely solely on the reserve list.

Whilst you're on the reserve list, they could also offer you the job you applied for and were placed on the reserve list for if vacancies open up at your location or people who scored higher withdraw.

Additionally, they may also send you jobs at the same grade as the one you applied for in an attempt to fill the jobs so that they don't have to go to advert and through the recruitment process (this would take you straight to a provisional offer and Pre Employment Checks also known as PECs).

What could happen next is dependent on your scores at interview. Out of curiosity (if I'm ok to ask), what were your scores at interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending