Neonpipette
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am preparing for international as alevel chemistry, biology, and mathematics.
I have been doing lots srsly lots of chem papers(2018- 2013) but they still 57% how on earth can I improve.
chris01928
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Neonpipette)
I have been doing lots srsly lots of chem papers(2018- 2013) but they still 57% how on earth can I improve.
Look up grade conversions for those papers, you might be surprised how high they are. If they are not, learn the mark schemes. They are quite repetitive
Neonpipette
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by chris01928)
Look up grade conversions for those papers, you might be surprised how high they are. If they are not, learn the mark schemes. They are quite repetitive
Lol thx but what I mean is I get 46 out of 80.
chris01928
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Lol thx but what I mean is I get 46 out of 80.
Yeah for what paper and what year?
KA_P
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Make a note of similar questions that keep on appearing and write down the main marking points from the mark scheme. For difficult topics, look on YouTube for revision and summary videos of those specific topics. Make sure that you are reviewing your exam practice. Only doing exam practice will not lead to improvement. Reviewing your answers frequently is what matters. Know what you're getting right and what you're getting wrong. Exam technique might also be something you need to look at? Certain questions are phrased in a particular way meaning you need to answer in a certain way to ensure you hit those marking points. Maybe ask friends and teachers to do extra revision sessions?

Exam board specification for the relevant subjects are extremely useful so utilise them.
Last edited by KA_P; 6 days ago
Neonpipette
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Thx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads